Help with bridging routers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with bridging routers

I am trying to bridge a Westell 327w modem/router with a Belkin router.

The signal to the 2nd floor of my house isn't strong enough. Running Mac OSX.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Help with bridging routers

I take it the WLAN (or uplink) port of the Belkin goes to one of the LAN ports on the Westell?

If that being the case what's the Belkin's WLAN port configured as? It should match what the Westell is feeding it (if that port is set to DHCP then the Belkin WLAN should be configured as DHCP)?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      I take it the WLAN (or uplink) port of the Belkin goes to one of the LAN ports on the Westell?

If that being the case what's the Belkin's WLAN port configured as? It should match what the Westell is feeding it (if that port is set to DHCP then the Belkin WLAN should be configured as DHCP)?
      thanks, plugging the router into one of the Westell's ports worked. I didn't have to mess with the IP addresses and all that stuff like the HT tech support suggested.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

plugging in the router into another router will work however if you plan on networking those computers together you'll have to set up the extended router with a static IP addresses and disable DHCP so all computers can see the same network addresses.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
        X