What's up with RoadRunner? So Slow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with RoadRunner? So Slow!

IS anyone else having major connectivity issues with Roadrunner?
    My connection has been 1 bar all week. And yes, I reset my modem and router many times. And it's not my router. My neighbor, who is also on rr has only 1 bar, so their servers are having major issues.

Does anyone know Roadrunner's support phone number? I can't find it anywhere.

And does anyone have any recommendations of alternate ISPs? How fast is clearwire? How many computers can you share the connection with? Does it work with a router?

Re: What's up with RoadRunner? So Slow!

I guess the coyote finally caught up to him...

Comment

Originally posted by kapuakea View Post
      IS anyone else having major connectivity issues with Roadrunner?
      Our Mililani street has a CATV connection box below ground level that floods out with every rainstorm. The resulting high-frequency ground would kill RoadRunner but leave enough of a CATV signal for our TV to work with. When I could persuade the company to send a tech out, I'd show him the box and he'd agree it was the problem, but that there was no easy (read: "cheap") permanent fix. He'd bail out the box, take the connectors apart, dry everything out, put it back together with extra waterproofing goop, and we'd play the game all over again a few months later.

Knowing the answer from the technicians, I finally got tired of arguing with Oceanic's alleged "customer" service: "Is your computer turned on? Is your monitor on? Is the little blinky light on your modem blinking? Do you see three blinky lights or four blinky lights? Is your computer still on? Oh, we don't have a tech available to speak with you. You know what Mr. Nords, no one else has complained so the problem must be with your system. Have a nice day!"

Hawaiian Telcom's DSl goes out maybe once or twice a year. Maybe not that often.
      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

well i dont know if RR saw this post or not, but suddenly this morning the connectivity is strong again.

weird!!! but i'm not complaining

Comment

This is a common customer service problem these days. Companies don't give a $%$%&$ about customer service. Especially the utilities who operate in a semi-monopolistic manner. And our public utilities commission is no help too. They really are not aggressive enough to represent the consumer and make these utilities fix their problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
            Did he stop buying products made by Acme?

Comment

I use RR at work. It's been very slow for the last couple of days. and it's very frustrating!! I'm so glad I have DSL at home - no speed problems at all.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                Did he stop buying products made by Acme?
                Nah... Looks like he got some help, according to this thread.
                To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Working...
                X