That E-Christmas card you get might have a worm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That E-Christmas card you get might have a worm

Some Grinch is out to make peoples' 'Net lives miserable this holiday season...unless your antivirus protection is current, you might think twice about opening up any e-cards you get this year......

Miulang

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...04dtx1k0000599
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: That E-Christmas card you get might have a worm

Bah, humbug. If you don't already know to scrutinize every attachment - and automatically delete without hesitation attachments with ZIP, CMD, PIF, BAT or COM extensions... the fact that the e-mail in question is a fake e-card is the least of your worries.

Comment

Looks like its time to make a linux box and open all of my cards in there then.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
        Looks like its time to make a linux box and open all of my cards in there then.
        or buy a mac and run yer whole virus/worm free life from there!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          or buy a mac and run yer whole virus/worm free life from there!
          But with a Linux machine, I can just reformat and keep on working. I don't know how to reformat a Mac, and I just need a case, power supply, and I can run it in a few hours. And it'll be a lot cheaper too.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
          X