Oceanic cable telephone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oceanic cable telephone

Oceanic wants to convert us to their phone service, and we don't know whether it's a good idea or not. Has anyone done this recently?

I know we won't have a landline in case of power outages, so that's a strike against the idea. I'm unsure of the price as yet, but we're paying $60/month to MCI right now for that phone line.

Little help?
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Re: Oceanic cable telephone

It behoove you to look at this Hawaiian Telcom bundle. It includes your landline,unlimited LD to the mainland and Canada,a bunch of calling features and DSL service.

Oceanic's digital phone is cheap for a reason. Their service non-regulated.Thus they are not obligated to have carrier grade service.In layman's terms, it won't
    work if there is power outage.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

you're lucky if they show up to install it like they say they would. they didn't show up for my installation, so ixnay on the igital-day one-phay
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I had Oceanic's phone service for about a year and loved it a lot. The sound quality was waaaay better than HT and so was their customer service. Didn't have a single problem with them. The only reason I switched from Oceanic to T-Mobile @Home was because of price. Oceanic is over-priced but I've seen their rates coming down lately though.
        kiddori

Comment

Spoke to a friend who has OTW digital phone--they're not obligated to respond to phone repairs immediately, since they don't have "carrier status" with the FCC, or something to that effect.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

As someone who experienced the Northeastern Blackout of 2003, I'd never get cable phone service. Even if they offered it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
              Spoke to a friend who has OTW digital phone--they're not obligated to respond to phone repairs immediately, since they don't have "carrier status" with the FCC, or something to that effect.
              OTW is not a regulated utility (as so far their digital phone service). Thus, they don't have offer "carrier grade service" or timely service calls.
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
              X