VAIO AC compatible with an HP laptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAIO AC compatible with an HP laptop?

I wanna use a Sony AC-19V30 external battery with my HP DV7Z laptop but is that a no no?

If it's OK, are there power cord adapters available to allow the plug in since they differ in sizes?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: VAIO AC compatible with an HP laptop?

Check the pin out. If both are the same voltage and roughly the same wattage and the pin out is the same such as pin positive or pin negative and the plug fits then it 's safe to assume you can interchange the two.

The biggest issue is the pin out. Make sure polarity is the same. The second biggest issue is the voltage. Lately I've seen laptop voltages run around 19-vdc.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I guess the 'pin-out' is the round 1/4''ish power cord that has to match up with the laptop's port? It doesn't. No way to just couple a simple adaptor from Radio Shack...?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        I guess the 'pin-out' is the round 1/4''ish power cord that has to match up with the laptop's port? It doesn't. No way to just couple a simple adaptor from Radio Shack...?
        There aren't any adapters that will do what you describe. You can splice one in somehow but better make sure you have the correct polarity and plug. I've done that before. And yes the pin-out is that round 1/4" plug.

You can buy a universal powersupply with an adaptive plug at Office Depot but that would defeat the purpose of using what you have available.

It can be done. I've done it. Just make sure you got the right plug, polarity, and power capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          It can be done. I've done it. Just make sure you got the right plug, polarity, and power capacity.
          ... and get it right on the first try...
          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            Originally posted by Nords View Post
            ... and get it right on the first try...
            No kidding...

The unit has been given to me but I don't want to violate it's integrity should it not prove viable, thus I want to give it back.

I was hoping there was an easy fix.

Thanx!

Comment

you may be able to fabricate an adapter but you'll have to find a source for the female plug to accept the male plug from the power supply then attach a male plug to fit onto your laptop. This is a patch cord.

Comment

Working...
              X