Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BluRay players with USB video

Howdy.
    Some of the newer bluray players have a usb port that will hook up to flash drives and external usb hard drives.
    They can play video from a computer file..
    They are inexpensive.

Re: BluRay players with USB video

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
    They can play video from a computer file..
    Maybe. The last time I looked at players, it seems they were all designed to play still images from USB/SD media. IOW, it seems it was there to support looking at the photos from one's still camera, but not for playing movies.

BTW, what prompted this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
      Maybe. The last time I looked at players, it seems they were all designed to play still images from USB/SD media. IOW, it seems it was there to support looking at the photos from one's still camera, but not for playing movies.
      That, or many DVD/Blu-Ray players will scan an audio CD, convert the tracks into MP3 files, and store them onto flash drives that are plugged in through the USB port.

Does anyone know of a player that will scan a DVD/Blu-Ray disc and likewise perform an MP3 video file conversion? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Howdy,
        The ability to play videos is sometimes not advertised on the packaging of the product.
        The box for the sony BDP-S185 only says that it will play mp3 and jpg files.
        After getting one from target for 80 bucks I hooked it up and started testing
        various usb flashdrives and external hard drives loaded with test file formats.
        I was astonished and pleased when the device played most h-264 and mpeg files.
        I am pleased to share the results with the ohana

Comment

Frankie I did not know that they could do that. Now I do ! Thankyou.
          I will research the matter .
          What prompted my post was the pleasure of finding hidden functionality in a mass market device.

Comment

Working...
          X