X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Whitfield
    replied
    Re: oceanic tv remote adjust

Awww, I'm almost having a Sally Fields moment!
    It is a new TV, to me, that's the problem. That, and the fact that I havn't gone back to the living room and asked if we have the remote...

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Ok Ron - I made the telephone call for you! Your TV controls can only be changed ON YOUR TV. The Oceanic Remote is ONLY FOR THE CABLE CONNECTION and SIGNAL from Oceanic. It does NOT control the picture quality/color/contrast/etc. on your tv. If you had a new TV, with a newer "universal" type remote as Greg mentioned, then you could make those changes through your remote - but it would not be the OCEANIC REMOTE, it would be the remote that came with YOUR TV. That is where the difference lies. Hope this finally helps you out.

I think you need to move into the new millenium and just get a new TV

Leave a comment:

• GregLee
    replied

Oceanic probably gave you a little pamphlet with your remote that has numbers (different for each manufacturer) which have to be entered into the remote for each other device you want to control with the remote. If not, or if you can't find it, there may be a way of finding out the information from the Oceanic/TW web site, or it's even possible the your cable box has a program for doing this as part of its setup procedures. You'll have to find the number for the manufacturer of your TV and find the procedure for entering this number into the remote. The number is arbitrary and the procedure for entering it differs from remote to remote. I no longer have Oceanic cable equipment, and I can't recall the details.

It might also be possible to set up the remote that came with your TV to work with the cable box. Most remotes for electronic equipment these days are "universal", in that they can be used not only for the device they came with, but also with a few other related devices (typically 3).

Once you have told the Oceanic remote what brand TV you have, it should be possible to use it to change the TV's picture settings. You'll have to change the remote's mode (probably by pressing one of four buttons along the top), to tell it which device you want to send commands to.

Edit: The Oceanic page with instructions on programming remotes is here: http://www.oceanic.com/help/analog/remote
    Last edited by GregLee; March 21, 2012, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

I pick on you so often that I'm just trying to show you some love

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Stop making this easy, would you?!

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

or, and I know this is a really radical concept.............but you could just pick up the phone, call Oceanic and just ask them how to do it.

there should also be some sort of control panel on the front of your TV, maybe behind a little door, that will alow you to push or turn buttons to make adjustments to your tv. Have you tried that method? I remember on my older tv's, thats what I had to do.
    Last edited by anapuni808; March 20, 2012, 10:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Its been awhile since I have done this but what you need to do is to consult the manual that came with the remote control from Oceanic. There are table of codes that allow you to set the remote control to support the device in question.

You can try this web link from Oceanic to see which remote control you have and the manual that goes with it:

http://www.oceanic.com/help/digital/remote

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

well then, as far as I know - you are pretty much SOL on making adjustments from the Oceanic remote. but there are many wiser minds than mind on HT who can give you more advice. Or, you could just call Oceanic and ask them? also, you should have manual adjustments on the tv itself that should help I would think.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Ron - what brand is your TV? how old is your TV? are you looking at the remote that came with your TV or the one that came from Oceanic, and do you have the instruction manual for your TV?
    Decade + old Magnavox Smart Series, no manual, only the Oceanic remote.
    I found this http://www.ehow.com/how_7699578_acce...-magnavox.html but the vol. buttons don't give a menu.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Ron - what brand is your TV? how old is your TV? are you looking at the remote that came with your TV or the one that came from Oceanic?

and do you have the instruction manual for your TV?

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Went thru the menu and there's nothing for adjusting the color and such. But thanx for the input.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

On your TV remote there should be a "Setup" or "Menu" button or something similar along those lines.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Ron - if you were asking me: My Sony remote only works on a Sony TV. If you have another brand of TV, say a Toshiba -then your remote is going to be different. You should check out your TV manual to learn how to do it. I know that I just used the factory settings for mine when I got it 3 years ago and have never needed to change anything. Your tv is different than mine though I'm sure. It depends on the brand of TV that we have and has nothing to do with cable/satellite.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I tried various things last night and I didn't find any option to adjust the color and I didn't say I found it, all the options I found I listed in my response.

The only thing new I found out last night was I have a choice of where the TV source signal can come from.

In any event the model of the Oceanic remote control I have is an Atlas DVR 1055 because I do know Oceanic does give out have different models.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

So, how is it done, what button is it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X