X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruConnect

http://www.truconnect.com/

Aug. 17, 2012 Friday

Would you use this if you could besides other internet services, such as oceanic or what ever other companies there is?

Why &/or why not??

I am thinking of switching to this one, once we find a place, & use it for my laptop. At least we will be saving some major bucks.

what's your thoughts on this product??

Yey or ney? (Yes or No?)

what's your best suggestion?

Hope to hear back from you.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: TruConnect

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    http://www.truconnect.com/

Aug. 17, 2012 Friday

Would you use this if you could besides other internet services, such as oceanic or what ever other companies there is?

Why &/or why not??
    Whoa! Be careful, be VERY careful! I signed up for a similar service, VirginMobile, a couple of years ago. I failed to read all the fine print. I was charged for the amount of service I used, it was not "unlimited service" as the ad stated. Well, yes it was if I was willing to pay a couple of hundred dollars a month as opposed to $10 a month that got me a couple of hours of use a month. Plus, my internet service kept getting dropped when signed in, particularly in heavy use time like in the evening. I cannot recommend this type of service. It is very exppensive.

Currently, I have Verizon Fios (which I know is not available in the 808) but it is truly "unlimited", very fast, never dropped, and worth the cost compared to anything else available at this time.

monuia lelei
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      Currently, I have Verizon Fios (which I know is not available in the 808) but it is truly "unlimited", very fast, never dropped, and worth the cost compared to anything else available at this time.
      Oh, how I do envy you. Sometimes, it's not so lucky to live in Hawaii.

BTW, how much do you have to pay for FiOS internet? Or do you have one of those bundled TV/internet/phone packages?
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        BTW, how much do you have to pay for FiOS internet? Or do you have one of those bundled TV/internet/phone packages?
        WE ALLLLLLLLL BUNDLE! It's around $100 per month for all three services, but they have periodic "specials." I recently received a $300 card to use anywhere. I feature I really like is that when the phone rings, a little box pops up in the upper left of the TV screen that shows the number and who is calling. Very handy! That way when I see that Frankie's Market is calling, I can just ignore the call.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I feature I really like is that when the phone rings, a little box pops up in the upper left of the TV screen that shows the number and who is calling. Very handy! That way when I see that Frankie's Market is calling, I can just ignore the call.
          LOL! As well you should. If we were neighbors, it would probably be me asking to borrow your tools and other knick-knacks.

The TV caller ID is one feature I would definitely switch off. Don't want my movie watching experience to be disrupted by pop-up boxes.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Plain caller ID is not good enough any more.

We get lots of "UNKNOWN CALLER" and "BLOCKED NUMBER" calls, some of whom are friends. Mostly they are Indian Reservations looking for donations or companies looking to consolidate our debt (we have none!)

DNC (do not call) sevrvices may be helpful, but they don't get everyone. Per-line blocking is limited to 10 callers.

Consequently: I don't answer a call before 11am; they can leave a message or call back if it's important. I KNOW it's not Publisher's clearing house....

BUT! What if it's Matapule? Or the NRA? Or presidente Obama?

My beauty sleep* is more important -- I really need it!

*(One look, and you would agree!)
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              If we were neighbors,
              If we were neighbors, you would be living in a fale!

it would probably be me asking to borrow your tools and other knick-knacks.
              I'm retired, I gave all my tools away. And most of my knacks are knicked.

Don't want my movie watching experience
              I rarely watch movies. My favorite channels are House Hunters International, History Channel, Discovery Channel, 48 Hour Investigation, Rachel Maddow, and for laughs, Faux News. I get all my "real" news off the Internet.

But, oiaue Frankie, holo holo on over for a beverage anytime and talk story. Matapule's fale always open to people of village.

Comment

[…]
                My favorite channels are House Hunters Internationale[…]
                'Scuse me, but that's HGTV. We HGTV-sluts are very particular about accurate reference to our favorite channel!!! I love HHI, too!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  'Scuse me, but that's HGTV. We HGTV-sluts are very particular about accurate reference to our favorite channel!!! I love HHI, too!
                  The reason I didn't say HGTV is because there are a couple of shows I don't like - Love It or List It and Holmes Homes. The woman on Love It or List It is incompetent! I throw my popcorn at her. I know what the theme of the program is to build suspense, but every show she overlooks thousands in obvious problems. One show she started a project before a building permit was issued. That is inexcusable! She is a very poor home renovator. Avoid her like the plague!

Comment

Working...
                  X