Best local computer repair/diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best local computer repair/diagnosis

I've just had 2 brand new motherboards literally burst into flames on me in the past week (I bought the latest one, thinking the moboard itself was screwed, but when i went to put in the new board last night, it blew up in the same way as the one I sought to replace), and was wondering who does the best computer service at the best prices in the Honolulu area?

I was thinking of bringing the system in to Personal Touch computers on Keawe street (since I bought the last moboard there), but I want to make sure that whoever says that they can fix/diagnose the problems actually has the right gear and experience to pinpoint the actual problem (and not just cross-referencing some sort of "EZ PC Troubleshooting for dummies" chart, because I am knowledgable enough to do that myself).

I'm not sure if its my powersupply thats causing the blowups, or if one of my expansion cards went bad and is causing a short somewhere. I just dont want to have to pay another $200-$300 to find out what the problem is.

Any advice or recommendations?

Aloha

Re: Best local computer repair/diagnosis

I take it the motherboard makes a popping sound and then a wiff of smoke is coming out of it as opposed to an actual fire that you need to use a class 3 fire extinguisher to put out?

First thing I would check to see if the power supply is set to 115 volts or the higher 230 volts.

As far as where to go, I don't know.

Comment

Re: Best local computer repair/diagnosis

Yeah, I'd like to know where too. Got three to check.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
      X