New Search engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Search engine

There's a new search engine, www.myway.com that's kinda nifty. It has the look and feel of Yahoo, without all the popups and ads (at least for now). It's been gaining ground just through word-of-mouth. Check it out.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: New Search engine

New? What? MyWay has been around a while... linked to the iWon sweepstakes thingamajig at one point, IIRC. It's part of a whole slew of miscellaneous properties under Ask Jeeves. (Those who remember the heady dot-com days should note that ye olde GoTo.com now sends folks to MyWay.) Seeing as how a MyWay search will basically give you Google by default, or Yahoo!, Ask Jeeves or Looksmart, and still pollutes the water with "Sponsored Links," I don't see what it brings to the party at all. If you want to search Google, search Google.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      New? What? MyWay has been around a while... linked to the iWon sweepstakes thingamajig at one point, IIRC. It's part of a whole slew of miscellaneous properties under Ask Jeeves. (Those who remember the heady dot-com days should note that ye olde GoTo.com now sends folks to MyWay.) Seeing as how a MyWay search will basically give you Google by default, or Yahoo!, Ask Jeeves or Looksmart, and still pollutes the water with "Sponsored Links," I don't see what it brings to the party at all. If you want to search Google, search Google.
      It's got the news links, which is what makes it different from Google. It's more of a portal where you can do and see everything in one place, without the banner ads.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I suppose. Of course, Google does have Google News, which is absent ads, can be customized, and - its most useful feature - Google Alerts. And as far as "clean design" goes, Google overall is pretty plain. If it's a customized, over-all portal page you want, My Yahoo! is pretty powerful - though, yes, advertising supported.

I don't know why you'd use a site that just layers itself on top of the real search and news sources, is all... especially since the results do seem off and affected by "sponsors."

To each their own, of course. I'm sure there are people that still strictly use AOL's directory.

Comment

Working...
        X