Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe that computers have feelings/are human?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe that computers have feelings/are human?

I don't know about you, but sometimes the only way to explain some problems is to blame "unknown sources".

For example, I was trying to upload a picture onto Aunty Lynn's blog, when it can't go through. I tried to shrink the picture, change the extension, and everything else I could think of using her computer, but it failed 2 times in a row. Other pics went through, but that one particular picture couldn't.

Another example, is that my computer (my first build) recently just restarted for no apparent reason, after I posted in the "what do you have in the background" thread. I had a game on pause minimized and a few other apps that weren't giving any problems before.

I know that its unethical for a computer person to blame unknown sources when he can't fix the computer, but sometimes you need to.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Do you believe that computers have feelings/are human?

Computers aren't human. They're machines that we have built.

And computers don't have feelings. They're not complex enough for that. Yet.

Comment

Glen, You haven't been to my home. You haven't used my computers. Doc said it best, "Unknown sources!" I see and have Angels in my home all the time!" They "KOLOHE" like me!

By the way Adrain, I finally put that picture up after yelling at my Angels to stop making trouble. They listened. They got me back by taking out the FireFox!

Auntie Lynn

PS. My computer has feelings! It loves to be cleaned, talked niced too, and pampered.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Feelings no. Conflicts between software in it is more than likey.
        Last edited by helen; September 28, 2005, 08:58 AM.

Comment

I insist my computer has feelings. It's going to shut down again if you guys keep saying it doesn't! Quiet! It has feelings! I can prove it!

(ok, baby, mommy loves you. don't get angry. there.)

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            [...]
            PS. My computer has feelings! It loves to be cleaned, talked niced too, and pampered.
            If anyone has ever attended a Dr. Bernie Siegel seminar or workshop you'll know that Auntie's statement above has validity! IIRC, Dr. Siegel refers to the 'energy' of inanimate objects rather than the 'feelings'. Anyway, it's an interesting concept and one I've personally seen work. Of course...ymmv!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
              If anyone has ever attended a Dr. Bernie Siegel seminar or workshop you'll know that Auntie's statement above has validity! IIRC, Dr. Siegel refers to the 'energy' of inanimate objects rather than the 'feelings'. Anyway, it's an interesting concept and one I've personally seen work. Of course...ymmv!
              Thank you very much, tutusue!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

As I heard a slack-key player who was having trouble with their guitar one day phrase it: "Inanimate objects --- aren't."

Comment

As someone who builds, rebuilds, and recycles computer parts I can attest that computers have no feelings only errant, unstable or otherwise intermittant heating issues that make them tempermental.

When my P4 laptop decided to act up I simply exorcised it by reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling a fresh copy of it's OS. No problem after that. If it did have feelings I numbed the heck out of it by lobotomizing it.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                    There's a scientific explanation for this, every object whether it is living or inanimate responds to a resonant frequency. This is the frequency that object is tuned to. When you hit an object with white sound and you analyze it with a spectrum analyzer, the sound that doesn't reflect off the object's surface is the sound that is absorbed into it. If you amplify this sound, you can literally cause this object to explode much like the effect a singer has on a glass goblet because that object is absorbing that higher intensity of it's resonant frequency that it can handle.

Everything has a resonant frequency and it's complimentary harmonic frequencies. If you can find an object that when struck or is physically excited can emit a complimentary harmonic frequency (harmony) those two objects work in conjunction with each other (they work in harmony with each other) and both object's can affect surrounding objects in a positive or negative way.

This is how buildings are being made earthquake proof. By analyzing the resonant frequency of a building, engineers can make a building earthquake proof by installing frequency dampers or exciters that monitor the low frequencies an earthquake produces. Because the Earth has a larger mass than a building, an earthquake's resonant frequency that may be the same as the building's will have a greater amplitude and hence the building will try to absorb it and cause it to literally disintegrate.

This is why in an earthquake you see miraculous pictures of a building totally destroyed to the foundations yet another building right next to it remained unscathed. Catholic churches that use lead-glass in their stained-glass mosaics of the Virgin Mary seem to survive the shaking of the earthquake possibly because of the denseness of the lead compounds used in making that glass made the resonant frequency lower than that of granite rock or hollow tile.

By introducing flat or sharp frequencies into the building's structure, it causes the resonant frequency of that building to subtly change allowing it not to absorb the frequencies produced by an earthquake.

This is called phase-shifting and it's effects can be monumental depending on it's application and intensity. At a 180-degree phase shift of equal amplitude you can make ambient sounds disappear (like the Bose noise-cancelling headphones) to jets disappear from radar screens (stealth).

Everything has a resonant frequency and if you can invert that frequency 180-degrees at the same amplitude you can make it disappear. Light has a frequency, mass has frequencies, everything has a frequency, and that frequency relative to that object is called it's resonant frequency.

So if you can invert the reflected light from an object and throw that inverted light frequency back at the object of reflectance at the same amplitude, you can literally make that object disappear from visible sight! Sounds like the venerable cloaking device of Star Trek?

Well it's not science fiction anymore (at least since 1982). And it has been accomplished on a small scale in laboratory experiments. I used to work on "Blanker" power supplies in the Air Force back then and saw the experiments first hand and was totally amazed. Sworn to secrecy that information and other amazing top secret technologies developed in the military became declassified 15-years later in 1997 when it was deemed that civillian research would eclipse national defense research. Hence in 1997 computer technology made leap-frog advances from that moment on.

One technology that was declassified but has never emerged in the consumer or civillian research areas is what was coined "base-5 computing". Right now current CPU's process only in binary or Base-2. Even hexadecimal processing boils down to one of three states: On (1) Off (0) or a quiescent state (neither 1 or 0) and requires shift registers to flip or flop as in Binary decoding or the basis of modern serial computing.

Well today's computing research is taking that level beyond serial to parallel computing. This is not many serial computers linked parallel, but shear parallel computing based on Quantum Physics. These Quantum computing theory is the closest description as to what I heard in the chow hall in our underground electronic shops at Holloman AFB in New Mexico back then as Base-5 level computing.

When coupled with phase shifting, Base-5 processing have resulted in some of the out of the world experiments I heard about in passing conversations with other technicians including dense-mass holograms, whole earth CAT scans and someone joking about Klingons and the cloaking device.

So to take this back OT, if your computer and your body have complimentary frequencies and your mass is somewhat equal to that of your computer, I can see how a relationship between the living and the inanimate can form a union of sorts. I believe the term relating to the energy within is called a Manitou and it does have some merit to it, however it's more reactionary than a bonafide feeling of well-being or demonic.
                    Last edited by craigwatanabe; September 28, 2005, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Mine is not Demonic...it's Angelic. The other computer gave it's self it's own password. Adrian has to come back next week. My computers are friendly.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        Mine is not Demonic...it's Angelic. The other computer gave it's self it's own password. Adrian has to come back next week. My computers are friendly.

Auntie Lynn
                        They gotta be friendly because your aura has a complimentary effect on it

So if inanimate objects can have some sort of reactionary energy to it can you imagine how fruits and vegetables feel when confronted by a Vegetarian? At least you know a Cow will get scared to death when it knows its fate will wind up in the bellies of a typical overweight American, but a plant displays no visible reaction when it learns its fate will be a high fiber diet for some vegetarian.

If you believe in the manitou and you are a vegetarian, then you have a major problem to deal with: How to eat a plant and not feel sorry for it while keeping yourself alive at the same time. That's why I'm a carnivore and a part time vegetarian. Sometimes I eat veggies and sometimes I don't. But either way I look at cattle as food the same way I look at asparagus...YUMMY for my Tummy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          [snip a whole bunch of very interesting stuff that's way over my head...]
                          So to take this back OT, if your computer and your body have complimentary frequencies and your mass is somewhat equal to that of your computer, I can see how a relationship between the living and the inanimate can form a union of sorts. I believe the term relating to the energy within is called a Manitou and it does have some merit to it, however it's more reactionary than a bonafide feeling of well-being or demonic.
                          I have this complimentary relationship with my cars! I won't go into detail 'cuz all of you will think I'm crazy.

I had a major 'Manitou' happen in January when I took on a project against my better judgement. My gut told me not to take it and it turned out to be the 'job from hell' across the board...not just casting. Every crew member who worked on this project will no longer work for the mainland production company that blew into Hawaii with the force of Hurricane Katrina!

One day in particular my 2 computers acted up, the printer stopped working as did my cameras and fax machine. Basically, all equipment just went to hell in a handbasket. I was in the middle of a casting session involving kids. The 'negative energy' surrounding this job also impacted one of the kids. He threw up all over my office. He was fine before and after! Once that day was over I applied some Dr. Bernie Siegel techniques and got everything up and running again without repair! Computers and me included! Oh, Lordy, was I ever glad to see that job end. So was everyone else! I now honor by 'gut'!

I won't bore anyone with the details but suffice it to say that inanimate objects do respond to human energy, both positive and negative. Thanks for the scientific explanation, Craig. So, Auntie, keep talking lovingly to your computers and, Craig, the food we eat is to nourish us. It probably knows that!

Comment

Carl Jung believes things may take their revenge if abused. be careful. be afraid, too.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              Carl Jung believes things may take their revenge if abused. be careful. be afraid, too.
                              I think, in a round about way, that's Dr. Seigel's concept, too, but tends to state it in a more positive way...love heals!

Comment

Working...
                              X