Cell phone details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell phone details

I thought I'd post this question in a non-cell phone forum, and see what the responses are.

1) How many cell phones do you own?
    2) How much did each cost?

Here's my answers:
    1) Five
    2)
    • Nokia 3390, 6010 were free with contract extension
    • Motorola v300 was $125 w/ contract extension
    • Samsung e715 was from ebay for $90 (August '05)
    • Nokia 6101 was bought on prepaid plan (bought yesterday)

(and imagine if I had a job )
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Cell phone details

One, an LG from Verizon and I love it. Can't remember how much, not quite $100 I think.

Can you hear me now?

Comment

Cingular Samsung C207, three of them on the family plan. $20 each with 2 year commit. About $90/month Family Plan for service with 700 minutes/rollover. No texting, no photos, color screens, wallpaper, ringtones. Nice, small, light phones.
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I have 3 three cell phones not being used some where in a junk drawer or box. Currently I have a Nokia don't remember the number, Tracfone pay as you go. It was $59.99 give or take some I've had it for a few years. Love no contracts.
        ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

How many do I own?

Let's just start with the ones I'm using right now:

1. PPC-6700 -- 479.99 (just got this last week, now the Treo 650 is retired for now)

2. Nextel i860 -- 199.99

3. Sanyo MM5600 -- 429.99

4. Motorola Razr V3 -- 40.00 (From my cousin who works for a cell phone dealer)

I probably have 6 more that I've been using in the last year that are in my closet.

Comment

Originally posted by hinokei
            How many do I own?

Let's just start with the ones I'm using right now:

1. PPC-6700 -- 479.99 (just got this last week, now the Treo 650 is retired for now)

2. Nextel i860 -- 199.99

3. Sanyo MM5600 -- 429.99

4. Motorola Razr V3 -- 40.00 (From my cousin who works for a cell phone dealer)

I probably have 6 more that I've been using in the last year that are in my closet.
            Let me guess, you have 3 cell phone providers right?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
              Let me guess, you have 3 cell phone providers right?
              It would actually be four providers if you count my v710 that is a work phone.

Comment

Originally posted by hinokei
                It would actually be four providers if you count my v710 that is a work phone.
                What do you do, keep all 4 on your waist via belt clips?

People look at me weird when I have 3 phones on my waist (the third has a dummy SIM, so I just use that as a camera)

Comment

This thread is cracking me up.

I am going to answer this a little differently.

Year I got my first cell phone: 1998; kicking and screaming in hesitation
                  Company: Voicestream
                  Model: Nokia 9.0.0.0.il Communicator, bought off of ebay for $200 (note: have you ever seen this sucker? I do recommend you google up this bad boy).
                  Subsequent cell phones:
                  -Handspring Visor Pro w/VisorPhone module® (go google this bugga up too!)
                  -Handspring Prism w/VisorPhone module® (had to have color screen! Even if it meant downsizing from the 16M Pro to the 8M Prism)
                  -Treo 270 (it committed suicide, but I loved it)
                  -Treo 600 (one helluva phone and I loved it)
                  -Treo 650 (I love my treo 650)

If I had to hit the #2 button three times in order to type the letter "C", I would snap.

Life is too short.

Except for the original brick (which I owned for only a few months before I got my first PDA), I have never had a phone that wasn't a palm OS. I have been d/ling Palm apps for years, and my phone is pretty tricked-out, if I do say so myself ;-)

pax

Comment

Why would you need to carry so many phones? Wouldn't one phone get the job done?

I actually have two phones which didn't cost me anything, since the company provided them for us. I have an old Nokia 6160 somewhere around the house. It's off almost all the time. I mainly use this phone for test calls.

My main work phone is a Sony Ericsson T226. Previous to that was a Sony Ericsson T68i, which didn't work too well since it only worked off 1900 GSM. I remember cussing at the ol' T68i for dropped calls!

I'm definately due for a new phone since the T226 is pretty beat up with many hours of use. Personally, I wish I didn't have to carry one. About 7 years ago, I used to think cell phones were cool. That quickly wore off when I'd get work related calls during the middle of the night. During a very busy work day, that cell phone would not stop ringing.

Oh well, gotta keep answering it in order to get paid. Just hate it when a device runs your life like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X