Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaiian Telcom DSL

Originally posted by Aaron S
    1. Hawaiian Telcom is assuming billing/tech support for Verizon Online customers
    April 1st http://www.hawaiiantel.net/

2. It sounds like a modem issue for sure, in my opinion. I did send you an e-mail
    Steve in regards to additional questions I had to help you better.
    I'll look forward to the mail. I haven't seen it yet.

OTOH, it may have cleared itself up with a dose of a downloadable program called PC Checkup that I found at the Verizon Online site under the HELP section.

It was fine most of the afternoon.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Steve,
      I sent you a PM with the information on how to contact me. As it seems the e-mail on your blog/ webpage doesn't work ?
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

I sent you a PM with the information on how to contact me. As it seems the e-mail on your blog/ webpage doesn't work ?
        One of these days I'll give up on having my e-mail address hidden under the "Linkmeister" button on the left sidebar of the blog, since no one ever finds it.

Comment

Steve, please let me know if you were able to get a replacement modem
          and if it helped your problem.
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Steve, please let me know if you were able to get a replacement modem
            and if it helped your problem.
            I haven't tried to get one yet. I figure I'd get no joy from Verizon, since they're about to hand over to HawTel, and HawTel would tell me it's not their problem till the 1st of April. I'll let you know when I do try.

Meanwhile, it didn't work first thing this morning (I've been unplugging it at night ever since I got it), but after an hour or so on dialup I tried again, and it's worked fine ever since. I may just leave it plugged in all night from now on and just turn the computer off.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if it's really a modem/line problem or whether it's a router/cable problem. I left it on overnight, and the "ready" light was on when I came in to turn on the computer. However, after booting up, the "Ethernet" light began to flicker, and I notice that the lights on the D-Link router flicker, they don't just lock on.

Hmm. Further investigation required.

Comment

Each time I've tried to phone: 643-4375, I get all circuits are busy. And on the Hawaiiantel webpage to log in to supposedly retrieve emails, I use the first part of my address as the user name as suggested and the password I have written down from when it was all set up and it won't go. Rats-N-Frats-n-Stinkin'-Winkin'-etc...

So both my wife and I don't have access to our email accounts at this time. What a bummer, man.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                  Each time I've tried to phone: 643-4375, I get all circuits are busy. And on the Hawaiiantel webpage to log in to supposedly retrieve emails, I use the first part of my address as the user name as suggested and the password I have written down from when it was all set up and it won't go. Rats-N-Frats-n-Stinkin'-Winkin'-etc...

So both my wife and I don't have access to our email accounts at this time. What a bummer, man.
                  That sucks big time. You should tell Hawaiian Tel to give you a credit for every single day you can't access your email. And if they balk, report them to the State Utilities Commission and the Ombudsperson or go to Small Claims Court and try to collect that way. You guys should also be prepared for this same pilikia when Carlyle sells off Hawaiian Tel in a few years (I don't know how they're going to stay afloat since they lost like 6% of their landline customer base in the space of like a couple of months!). More than likely, if the State gets involved, you'd get a credit on your bill rather than kala.

Miulang
                  Last edited by Miulang; April 3, 2006, 05:14 PM.
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The 6% figure is misleading, as 11,000 of of the 43,000 line losses were attributable to UUNET Technologies cancelling their lines.
                    http://starbulletin.com/2006/04/01/b...s/story02.html

That being said, it is concern that they are losing lines. But when they add
                    IPTV and faster DSL speeds, it should stem the tide.
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

As for th e-mail issue, it could be as simple as the caps lock being on or
                      your e-mail settings are not right. I've helped two people plus setting
                      myself up and I didn't have any problems. Or you don't have your
                      correct password.

I would re-check your settings here http://www.hawaiiantel.net/.
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Hrm. They don't seem to be aware that Eudora's made it to release 7.

Has anyone tried the automatic e-mail configuration program they offer for Outlook?

Comment

Each time I've tried to phone: 643-4375, I get all circuits are busy.
                          This is rediculous! I called late last night, at 4am. and again just now. Each time I was not able to get through. I called 1411 and asked if there's any other number and was told "not for tech support". Sheesh!

Comment

Some confirmation in today's SB.

Comment

This is rediculous! I called late last night, at 4am. and again just now. Each time I was not able to get through. I called 1411 and asked if there's any other number and was told "not for tech support". Sheesh!
                              I got a GREAT idea! why not write a Letter to the Editor at both the Advertiser and Star Bulletin? I'm sure either of them would LOVE to do a follow up story...failing that, you could complain to the Public Utilities Commission (Hawaii Public Utilities Commission
                              - Hawaii (Big Island)(808) 586-2020
                              - Kauai(808) 974-4533
                              - Maui (808) 274-3232
                              Main Office (Honolulu) (800) 984-8182 (808) 586-2670 (fax)
                              Toll free: (800) 974-4000

You might want to get your complaint registered with the State anyway, because the next time HawaiiTel asks for a tariff increase, the Commission might not take too kindly to the way Hawaii consumers have been treated this go around.

Miulang
                              Last edited by Miulang; April 4, 2006, 07:49 AM.
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

YA BA DA BA DOO !

Okay a friend talked me through it over our yahoo connection. I set up mine's and my wife's email accounts. So as the Taco Bell commercial says "We're good to go."

Comment

Working...
                                X