Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in a dual-core duel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in a dual-core duel

If you're an Intel fanboy, don't scroll down.

Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in a dual-core duel
    10.Tried to follow their own roadmap to get to the duel
    9.Decided to take the "front-side bus" to the duel; got stuck in a bottleneck
    8.The "Intel Inside" stickers they used to package the cores together keep melting
    7.Too busy rearranging the deck chairs on the Itanic
    6."Hey, we don't expect anyone to actually buy these things!“
    5.Didn't want to compete when they realized that the duel would involve actual "rules" of fair competition
    4.They couldn't get a permit from the fire department to emit that much heat
    3.No systems available yet --protective clothing used by manufacturers only safe for up to 149 watts
    2. Dell told them they weren't allowed to participate

And the number one reason Intel won't accept the dual-core duel:
    1. Moore's Law has been replaced by "Paul's Paradox": the number of canceled products per year at Intel will double every year after the introduction of the AMD Opteron™processor.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in a dual-core duel

Originally posted by doc1456
    If you're an Intel fanboy, don't scroll down.
    Man, I know that your list would be SO funny if I had any clue as to what you're talking about....that's what I get for being a MacAddict!

pax

Comment

Or Intel knows something we don't and their just waiting for the right moment. You don't get to be the number one chip maker by doing stupid things.

I'm sure AMD is just aching to find out why Intel is so hesitant. And speaking of AMD, they had to jump the gun on CPU's when they failed miserably with their Sempron processor.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
        Man, I know that your list would be SO funny if I had any clue as to what you're talking about....that's what I get for being a MacAddict!

I don't know if this will be good or bad, but in a few months Macs will start shipping with Intel chips inside. Some speculate that a new Mac Mini or iBook will ship with Intel inside by this coming January.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mactel inside

Intel has also joined forces with Micron to manufacture flash memory. One of their largest contracts to start will be as supplier for Apple's iPod products.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051121/...l_micron_flash
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

OMG is this the end of the purity of Apple? Just like Adam and Eve, now the apple has become rotten and signal's the end of times.

The signs of revelations are approaching (along with the recently released Chicken Little Movie)

IT'S HAPPENING...SAVE YOURSELF, RAPTURE WILL OCCUR SOON DON'T MISS THE BOAT!!!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              IT'S HAPPENING...SAVE YOURSELF, RAPTURE WILL OCCUR SOON DON'T MISS THE BOAT!!!
              OMG OMG - it's 1992 all over again!!!!
              I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

I thought I'd bump this, to see that Intel is fighting back with the Core Duo2.

This, plus back to school specials are the reasons why desktops and laptops are dropping in prices. (and its a pity too, because its after I built a new computer with dual core technology also.)
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                X