Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360s unstable

Linky

"There have been several postings over at Xbox-scene complaining of crashing Xbox's on new games, with default settings on single player. Crashes on Xbox Live and on startup have been reported too, and Project Gotham Racing 3 crashes before finishing the first lap. Screenshots and Video are available showing the crash."

So that's why I wait until the competition is out, or atleast wait a few months after a new product is brought out. I learned my lesson from cell phones.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Xbox 360s unstable

Maybe that's why this retard , who waited 55 hours in line smashed his new Xbox to bits.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
      Maybe that's why this retard , who waited 55 hours in line smashed his new Xbox to bits.
      LMAO!! I'm laughing in awe, but at the same time, I have a weird feeling in my stomach because it was a 360.

I wish there was a larger version of it, so that I can use it as my wallpaper.

Comment

While people are clamoring just to play this, someone did quite the opposite, and smashed a new xbox 360 infront of people waiting in line at Best Buy.

Originally posted by from website
        November 22nd 2005 - 10am - Well, after 55 hours of pain, cold, and suffering, we have got our Xbox 360 and successfully smashed it outside Best Buy minutes later, with a large sledgehammer in front of a few Xbox Fanboys who just bought brand new 360s. Short video clip will be posted tomorrow (23rd) and the longer documentary style one will be posted with the next few days. For now, enjoy these pictures!

Comment

That's a great stunt! I don't understand why in the world anyone would want to stand in line to be one of the first to experience all the bugs and higher price of a unit that will be debugged and become cheaper in a couple of months later. Does anyone remember Cabbage Patch dolls and the people who's lives have been dramatically changed when they earned a criminal record over a toy?

Well go ahead and buy your XBox 360. I'll end up buying it from the Salvation Army in a couple of years for $1.50
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
            LMAO!! I'm laughing in awe, but at the same time, I have a weird feeling in my stomach because it was a 360.

I wish there was a larger version of it, so that I can use it as my wallpaper.
            Trying looking here click on the thumb nails nice size.
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
              Trying looking here click on the thumb nails nice size.
              I use a 1280x1024 resolution, so it'll be pixelated. (but its the right size for my phone's screen)

Maybe I'll try to enlarge those in Photoshop when I get home

Comment

Linky

"There have been several postings over at Xbox-scene complaining of crashing Xbox's on new games, with default settings on single player. Crashes on Xbox Live and on startup have been reported too, and Project Gotham Racing 3 crashes before finishing the first lap. Screenshots and Video are available showing the crash."
                It's from Micro$haft...what did they expect?!

Comment

Originally posted by Pretender
                  It's from Micro$haft...what did they expect?!
                  I know, but I thought they'd learn from their numerous mistakes?

Comment

Word to the wise: never buy ANYTHING in its first release (software, new cars, gaming systems, etc.) from any manufacturer unless you want to run the risk of having to hassle with repair issues. Most of the time, manufacturers rush their products to market before adequate acceptance testing can be done (and when you have something like the XBOX, where you've been hyping it for months and HAVE to have it ready in time for the Christmas season, this is even truer). Today a spokesperson from Squishie, when asked about the number of unit failures that were being reported, said something like, "Well, the reports of failures have been small compared to the number of units sold." Yeah, but how many of those XBoxes are wrapped up and waiting to be opened up and played with on Christmas Day? The malfunctioning units reported are only from people who couldn't wait until Christmas and started playing on their systems. Such is the TQM movement in America...no quality control, or "acceptable" failure rates that would be intolerable in Japan.

Miulang
                    Last edited by Miulang; November 24, 2005, 07:59 AM.
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I heard word that all the X Box 360 Systems are SOLD out and won't be coming in till Feb next year. I was checking up ebay to see if anyone was selling the system and I found a whole bunch of people who were for ridiculous prices such as $2000.00 to $1000.00. I thought that people would at least wait a while for the system to come down or until the Playstation 3 and Nintendo Revolution come's out before making their minds up on what to buy.
                      A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro

I was checking up ebay to see if anyone was selling the system and I found a whole bunch of people who were for ridiculous prices such as $2000.00 to $1000.00.
                        Is that all? Take a look at these Ebay prices.

Comment

True. If their goal was to provide the public with a good faith effort at a bug free product (I understand that certain systems are complex, and no one is perfect, but Micro$haft has been doing this for a real long time). Unfortunately, Micro$haft has learned that they can rake in a fair amount of $$ by overpromising, and rushing out to market not-ready-for-prime-time code. In my mind, they have set the bar on this issue, which is not a good thing.

Comment

the sad thing is that despite all the devious intentions of MS...there's still a demand for inferior untested products.

Shame on Microsoft? Well shame on those consumers who will stop at nothing to purchase an overrated product. As the saying goes: There's a fool born every day. And in this case, Microsoft won...again. Whose the fool? Not Microsoft, with the profits generated from the sale of these X-boxes and the ensuing rant about fixes for the system, they just got a windfall plus free product testing for the next batch to come out.

If Microsoft were that naive to build an inferior product, they wouldn't be the number 1 software company out there to date. No they know what they're doing and they do it best. The general public? Well we can start an entire thread devoted to naive customers.

What was that bottled water company that made a ton of money off of consumers? Oh yeah: Evian...spelled backwards is naive.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

1UP Finds Evidence of Sony Anti-360 Propaganda

1UP has allegedly found evidence of wholly owned Sony subsidiary Koyeo actively encouraging its employees to defame Microsoft's Xbox 360 by spreading malicious rumours about faulty/overheating units.

------------

First the CD thing, then this? Sony, you're digging a hole to china.

Comment

Working...
                              X