Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun aims to bolster disaster warning systems

Source

The Santa Clara, Calif.-based server company said it has teamed with the Pacific Disaster Center (PDC), a Hawaii-based outfit that provides applied information research, analysis and early warning alerts for emergency managers in the Asia-Pacific and surrounding regions.
    Hopefully this system will save some lives.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Sun aims to bolster disaster warning systems

That's a good idea. There should be more warning systems on The Sun; anything that helps to avoid that awful sunburn on my oh-so-Seattle-pale haole skin.
    (I never try to get a tan --- I just try to neutralize the blue tint a little; best I can hope for is "dark pale.")

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
      That's a good idea. There should be more warning systems on The Sun; anything that helps to avoid that awful sunburn on my oh-so-Seattle-pale haole skin.
      (I never try to get a tan --- I just try to neutralize the blue tint a little; best I can hope for is "dark pale.")
      Sun Microsystems is a computer company that makes software for computers.

Maybe I should have choose a better piece to quote, but I wanted to show the relavency of this to Hawaii.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        Sun Microsystems is a computer company that makes software for computers.
        I knew that - just thought I would share the twisted way my mind read the header.

Comment

Working...
        X