Hawaiian TeleCom DSL problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian TeleCom DSL problem?

Hi, I switched over to Hawaiian TeleCom in my household a week or so ago. Just a day ago I found that some sites I usually access no longer work. I use FireFox and it says it can't access the page or it times out. The same goes for Internet Explorer. I'm trying to access www.mxtabs.net and I've asked someone else and they said that it works fine. On MySpace, I can't access certain pages like the Music section, and again, it works for everyone else I've asked. Also an MSN Messenger file transfer program I used doesn't work from my end too. I've got no spyware or viruses so I can only assume that this has something to do with Hawaiian TeleCom's DSL service.

So, is there some firewall on the network or a proxy, or something? If so, how do I find out so that I can input that information into FireFox and whatever else so that I can access these things?

Thanks

Re: Hawaiian TeleCom DSL problem?

Did you try calling Customer Service or asking for the "Ovation Team?" Try calling this number direct 643-2488 ( ask for Summer).

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadBirdy

I'm trying to access www.mxtabs.net and I've asked someone else and they said that it works fine.
      Try it again: www.mixtabs.net. Maybe it was a typo?

Or maybe not.
      Last edited by lurkah; December 14, 2005, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I can ping it, but I also can't connect to the site via FF nor IE.

EDIT: I got the IP address of the site (and the info for it) but I still can't contact it via any web browser, but the pinging still works.

EDIT2: I did a quick google search on the phone number, and its registered to another person (but the same address) but the fax number points to another state.

Its not looking good for this person.

EDIT3: My cousin can access everything on myspace using the default DNS servers from HiTel. I think its on your end buddy.
        Last edited by adrian; December 14, 2005, 05:29 PM.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadBirdy
          Hi, I switched over to Hawaiian TeleCom in my household a week or so ago. Just a day ago I found that some sites I usually access no longer work.
          1) By any chance were you using a dial-up service before switching to DSL?
          2) After switching to DSL and before yesterday (when things didn't work) were you able to access those sites?

Comment

I would suggest you check out the troubleshooting on this website
            www.dslreports.com . Are you having any issues with any other
            sites than what you mentioned. I have Hawaiian Telcom DSL and have
            no issues with loading MySpace webpages ?
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

I have no problems, other than a transient hiccup, with residential DSL but have been unable to use my newly installed business DSL. The first 3 calls to tech support were unable to diagnose the problem. The 4th call yielded a bum router. That was 7 days ago. The new router, which I was told would be sent for next day delivery still has not arrived! A customer service rep called today checking up on how I was enjoying my new DSL service and asked if I had any questions. Heh!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                I have no problems, other than a transient hiccup, with residential DSL but have been unable to use my newly installed business DSL. The first 3 calls to tech support were unable to diagnose the problem. The 4th call yielded a bum router. That was 7 days ago. The new router, which I was told would be sent for next day delivery still has not arrived! A customer service rep called today checking up on how I was enjoying my new DSL service and asked if I had any questions. Heh!
                Just go to compUSSR and get a router there.

The only thing I got from Verizon DSL was the modem and filter thingys.

Comment

Actually the modem Hawaiian Telcom sends you is a dual modem/router combo.
                  The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                    Actually the modem Hawaiian Telcom sends you is a dual modem/router combo.
                    That was this year. I got mine a couple of years ago under Verizon.

Comment

When I signed up for Verizon DSL in April 2004, then sent me a Westell 2100
                      modem. Which is basically a bridge modem or in another words " dumb modem"
                      When I upgraded to 3Mbps service in November 2004, Verizon sent me at
                      Westell 327W modem, which is a modem/router/wireless router. I figure that
                      is the same modem they are sending out for new installs today.Verizon
                      is still handling the tech support/e-mail/modem shipments for the time being.
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                      X