Firefox 1.5 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 1.5 Released

We've had a few Firefox threads here, so I figured I should mention that Firefox 1.5 has been released. You can go straight to Mozilla.org to download it.

There's no reason to be using Microsoft Internet Explorer, and the fact that it comes on your PC should be Exhibit A in that argument.

That said, I've been struggling with a few of the changes/quirks in the new version on the PC side, so much so that I'm holding off upgrading my Mac systems until I figure them all out.

Re: Firefox 1.5 Released

I've been using 1.5 since it was Release Candidate. I've found it to be
    very stable and I really like the new features.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

I'm wondering if I broke something. My install of 1.5 doesn't behave at all like I think it should. Most keyboard inputs result in the page being redrawn with formatting stripped... useful in some cases, but not what I expect to happen when I hit space or page-down or tab. And Gmail now renders some screens in some bizarre four-frame nightmare that I can't sort out.

I don't suppose there are any Mozilla experts that might recognize these symptoms?

Comment

My best advise is delete your existing profile and create a new one. I know
        that is huge hassle if you have a lot of extensions. But it usually cures the
        problem in most cases. If you have a lot of extensions, you can install them
        all at once using http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/loc...all/index.html
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Thanks, Aaron. Rather than messing with profiles, I just completely uninstalled it (I'd just installed 1.5 over the old version) and reinstalled from scratch. Works beautifully now!

Fortunately, I don't use many extensions. The only one I do use, BookmarksSynchronizer, was tweaked to work with 1.5.

Comment

For future reference, uninstalling FF won't remove the profile. So if your
            profile goes haywire and you re-install FF.It will use the corrupted profile.
            I've installed like 32 extensions on FF 1.5 installation, so when I need to
            re-install, luckily I make recent backups of my profile.
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
            X