AMD or Intel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD or Intel

What kind of processor will you buy in your next Windows PC?
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: AMD or Intel

Depends on the cost. Personally my last 3 PCs had AMD processors but then again I was paying attention to the cost of the system and size of the hard drive as opposed to what processor it had. Of course I have this used Dell I got a year and half ago which I haven't plugged in yet so I have no idea what processor it has.
    Last edited by helen; January 29, 2006, 11:58 PM.

Comment

In my next windows PC?

Depends. If its a laptop, then Intel for a windows computer (but then, it'd be the same answer if I was getting a Macbook).

If it was a desktop (or in my case, a SFF computer) then I'm stuck with AMD, because I already have the motherboard for it.

But if it was to replace this computer (an Intel P4 2.8ghz, yada yada...) then I'd go neither, because all I need is the latest AGP video card and larger HDs.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

My next Windows PC? I don't think I'm going to buy a next Windows PC. Got my eye on a sweet little iBook instead...

Comment

This is for home. It would replace a desktop.

I already have an iBook. Yeah we still need a Windows machine for now.
          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Most of my tech friends prefer AMD. I would use AMD also but my last computers were purchased from Dell. One is about 10 months old and just purchased another one about 5 days. The price was to good to pass up.

Dimension 9150:
            Processor: Pentium(r) D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (3.00GHz,
            Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs 1GB52
            Keyboard: Dell USB Keyboard
            Monitor:19 inch E196FP Analog Flat Panel E196FP
            Video Cards: 128MB PCI ExpressTM x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE perMemory X300SE
            Hard Drive: 160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst CacheTM
            160S
            Operating System: Genuine Windows(r) XP Home Edition WHXP
            Mouse: Dell(r) 2-button USB mouse
            Network Interface: Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet IN
            CD or DVD Drive: Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 48x CD-RW Drive DVDCDR
            Sound: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio IS

Price was $699.00 before shipping.

I will probably sell my 10 month old Dell with the flat screen monitor the new Dell came with as well as a brand new printer I got from Dell with the old computer still in the box.

Comment

AMD is the best bang for the buck. What ever happened to Cyrix?

Comment

Originally posted by na alii
                AMD is the best bang for the buck. What ever happened to Cyrix?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrix

In August 1997, while the litigation was still in progress, Cyrix merged with National Semiconductor (who also already held an Intel cross-license). This provided Cyrix with an extra marketing arm and access to National Semiconductor fab plants, which were originally
                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                X