Weird Web Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Web Problems

Unexpectedly, after months of stealing my neighbors' wi-fi with no problems, web pages in Safari were taking forever to load. I mean, forever-forever, as in they never finished. They never got past the title showing up in the browser and maybe part of one image, and they never timed out.

This was Friday night. The problem persisted all day Saturday, but then midway through, I flipped open Internet Explorer and it worked just fine.

This continued through the weekend, and not until this evening would Safari work at all. My students from different parts of the island, Safari users all, had the same problem! A colleague discovered what I discovered on accident when a URL link in an email opened up Explorer for him.

At work, where all the computers use Safari and Explorer isn't even configured to go through the proxy server, computers would get intranet stuff but nothing outside the LAN. I wonder if this was a separate problem, since from off-campus, I couldn't get to stuff on the LAN.

Anyone else have Safari problems this weekend? I'm curious to know what the deal is.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Weird Web Problems

scrivener, have you tried seeing whether the problem exists with Firefox also?

Comment

Re: Weird Web Problems

I use Safari exclusively to surf the web. And I did notice some weirdness this weekend on my own sites. Nothing as severe as you describe, but definitely some lags that I was unaccustomed to while visiting even pages on my own server.

I did not try other browsers, but I did notice some strangeness going on.

Blaine
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
      X