Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: free blogs for hawaii

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    Whaddya think, kimo55? Does "curmudgeon" suit you?
    insofar as the popular def. ran parallel to association with H.L. Mencken and various members of the Algonquin Round table, I readily accept the moniker and am honored to be, to even the slightest degree, counted among such august luminaries.

Comment

I have fixed my Sig. if you still find it to be obtrusive please tell me.

As for criticism I am open to it, unfortunately I could not discern from kimo55's posts any thing that could be of value and most of his comments seemed to be attempts at belittling me, some of which were not even focused on the site that the thread pertained to. I tried to maintain a certain level of respect and maturity in my responses, knowing that this community for the most part is comprised of an older age group than from what I'm accustomed to.

So as i said before I'm open to criticisms but please try to be precise so that I am able to internalize them and in term build off of those internalizations.

If you find grammatical issues, bugs, glitches or anything else on 808blogs I'd love to hear them

Thank you all for your time
      808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
      kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
      http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
        Whaddya think, kimo55? Does "curmudgeon" suit you? I'm not so sure --- to me, it implies a grumpy "heyyoukidsgetoffamylawn" sort of old fut, and he strikes me as being livelier than that.
        Yes he does. And I prefer the definition of curmudgeon as "a crusty irascible cantankerous person full of stubborn ideas." And as I'm sure Kimo knows, I certainly didn't mean it as an insult! I usually kinda like curmedgeons, cranky though they may ocassionally be. I should know, because I are one.

A very dear old friend of mine hosts an extremely popular boating website/blog called Scuttlebutt (and the readers are, of course, called Buttheads!) and he proudly calls himself The Curmudgeon. There's an article about him today at the America's Cup website http://www.challengercommission.com/ ... be sure to scroll down a bit to see the photo of him and his car's curmudgeonly license plate.

(Interested boating fans can find Scuttlebutt at http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/ssc/ ... on the left side, click on Latest Issue for each weekday update.)
        Last edited by LikaNui; February 2, 2006, 02:20 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 808blogs
          As for criticism I am open to it, unfortunately I could not discern from kimo55's posts any thing that could be of value and most of his comments seemed to be attempts at belittling me. I tried to maintain a certain level of respect and maturity in my responses,
          I NEVER! but yer still a poopyhead!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            I NEVER! but yer still a poopyhead!
            And that, Cameron, is a classic example of why our pal Kimo ranks way up at #6 on the HawaiiThreads reputation list!
            <high five to Kimo>

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55

insofar as the popular def. ran parallel to association with H.L. Mencken and various members of the Algonquin Round table, I readily accept the moniker and am honored to be, to even the slightest degree, counted among such august luminaries.
              Yup, that's how a curmudgeon talks, alright. So what's his new nick to be, "Curmy"? "Mudge"? What?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                Yup, that's how a curmudgeon talks, alright. So what's his new nick to be, "Curmy"? "Mudge"? What?
                "Cum(y)?"

nah, Kimo ~ JOKE

Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Cam, if yer intestinal fortitude allows your hide to absorb the slings and arrows of veiled semi-affection and hesitant acceptance, you are ohana to HT. Hanai-ed.
                  If rather, you choose to exhibit offense and turn tail, we will not be the worse for it, but you will be the lessor for it.

Comment

lol intestinal fortitude, i thought it was testicular fortitude, at least thats what my dad always says,

though it's an odd thought i guess intestinal fortitude means i have to stomach it or maybe it's I have to have a strong stomach to stay here. but then thats like say here is a bad place

testicular fortitude , him how would you explain that one

the testicular fortitude to stick it out?

regardless maybe i was just crying over spilt milk

Comment

yep that's dad for ya.

like:

"...here son. have a swig of Primo! "

"But dad. I'm just twelve years owd!"

"It's da breakfast of champions.
                      It'll put lead in yer pencil!"

dear ol pop.

Comment

so a raging alchoholic since age 12, now that explains it :P nah just kidding,

but seriously back on topic does any one have any specific things that i could change or improve on? is any one interested in the service i'm providing?

Comment

not bad, but keep goin'
                          ya throw like a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by 808blogs
                            but then thats like say here is a bad place
                            You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Comment

why is it supposed to be a bad place,

but seriously why not some good critism, you seem interested enough kimo why don't you try it out and tell me what you think

Comment

Aaron, you may have seen Cameron's sig after he modified it. Yours is fine; some might prefer that it be smaller, but if it's the same size as the message text, nobody should have a problem with that. In the Usenet days, that's all you had. Cameron's was enormous; we're talking dcfanaddicts-sized.

Cameron, as Pzarquon says, the people here can offer you the kind of feedback that costs a lot of money; Kimo is the resident grammarian ('though I insist my own grammar is better than his), but there are professional writers here, not to mention professional web-developers and professionals in other forms of media. The fact that you haven't turned tail and run bodes well for you, I think. You should read the Hawaii Security Watch thread (I couldn't find it and don't remember what it's called) for a good example of someone who didn't survive the gauntlet.

Having said this, I wonder if it's a little late to jump on this bandwagon; it seems that anyone who'd be interested in this kind of thing ALREADY does MySpace. What will your service be other than a MySpace for Hawaii?
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X