Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

free blogs for hawaii

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: free blogs for hawaii

    Originally posted by Palolo Joe
    Sure, healthy debate is cool. But it's kind of junk for newbies to show up and get reamed for no other reason than it being entertaining for a particular user(s)...
    I think that's the point Ryan was making in his last post when he closed the Reputation thread:

    Originally posted by admin
    That said, I do try to make HawaiiThreads a broadly welcoming place, albeit one that sometimes has more than it's share of... color. Since the start of the new year, I've felt as if we started off on the wrong foot to some extent, with higher than average snark levels and the presumption of a "gauntlet" to haze newbies. Given that, to see alternative venues pop up makes perfect sense. It also made me think I could do at least one thing to cool things down here, just a little. So I did.

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: free blogs for hawaii

      Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      But it's kind of junk for newbies to show up and get reamed for no other reason than it being entertaining for a particular user(s)...
      ....with higher than average snark levels and the presumption of a "gauntlet" to haze newbies.
      This only happens to those that say:
      Hi, new here; looka my web site and give feedback.

      IF... he is any the worse for wear, he ought not have asked. But I believe he may be older and wiser for it.
      So, no, of course it is not just for entertaining a particular user.

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: free blogs for hawaii

        Sure I could of taken it wrong been a newb and DOSed the forum. I've seen it happen over and over again a new guy comes in everyone picks on him a day later their sites down. I'm not making threats I'm just saying that not everyone will handle your disrespect the same way.

        Some will be angry and leave and others might take action.

        Your just lucky your not a tech centered forum. A few of my members of my old forum (taken offline because of such an incident) started harassing a new member. They pissed him off and a day later I noticed my site lagging, I checked the logs and realized I was being hit by a primitive dos attack. Luckily it wasn't that bad and I didn't suffer any losses.

        That being said this thread has strayed too far from it's original topic, does anyone have anything to say about 808blogs
        Last edited by 808blogs; February 16, 2006, 03:39 PM.
        808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
        kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
        http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: free blogs for hawaii

          Obvious spelling typos highlighted in bold italics. I didn't bother with your punctuation and grammar (e.g. run-on sentence problems). You really should learn to write better if you want to have a professional-looking site.

          Originally posted by 808blogs
          Sure I could of taken it wrong been a newb and DOSed the forum. I've seen it happen over and over again a new guy comes in everyone picks on him a day later their sites down. I'm not making threats I'm just saying that not everyone will handle your disrespect the same way.

          Some will be angry and leave and others might take action.

          Your just lucky your not a tech centered forum. A few of my members of my old forum (taken offline because of such an incident) started harassing a new member. They pissed him off and a day later I noticed my site lagging, I checked the logs and realized I was being hit by a primitive dos attack. Luckily it wasn't that bad and I didn't suffer any losses.

          That being said this thread has strayed too far from it's original topic, does anyone have anything to say about 808blogs
          Probably not. It looks a lot like a MySpace clone, which makes me wonder why people would want to use 808blogs rather than stick with MySpace.

          And regarding your DOS attack comments, we don't do those things not because we don't know how but because we do have respect for each other. It seems your peers don't. I hope they learn some.

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: free blogs for hawaii

            Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
            And regarding your DOS attack comments, we don't do those things not because we don't know how but because we do have respect for each other. It seems your peers don't. I hope they learn some.
            if i had a green chiklet, i'd give it too ya.

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: free blogs for hawaii

              Oh, stop. You're making me blush.

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: free blogs for hawaii

                If you think it's a myspace clone you clearly haven't tried it. I should probably try to market it so it does not appear that way.
                808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: free blogs for hawaii

                  Originally posted by 808blogs
                  If you think it's a myspace clone you clearly haven't tried it. I should probably try to market it so it does not appear that way.
                  er um... I tried it... I like myspace mo bettah and I don't even have an account with either so this is completely un-biased.

                  Sorry though...nice attempt... we all learn and begin somewhere.

                  I lived in Washington at the time there was some nerd name William that was trying to get people in Renton, Washington to invest in some company called..... er um..... MICROSOFT! Turns out he was the Bill Gates, and at the time... everyone kind of thought he was a flake.... No one really believed in Microsoft at the time so not to many people invested....

                  Now I'm really pissed my parents didn't take a chance on that stock...

                  Just some small words of incouragement to always keep your head up.... Even if this site doesn't become what you want it to be.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: free blogs for hawaii

                    Cameron, you asked people to check out your site and comment on it --- but you take constructive criticism as personal attacks.

                    Step back and separate yourself from your websites. Think about every comment or criticism someone makes. Look at what they refer to with an eye to understanding "what is it they mean?" You might find that they are right about what they are saying, or you might decide that you disagree with them and don't wish to make changes or corrections - that's your prerogative.

                    But if you are hope to develop a business that serves the needs of customers, you better drop the defensive attitude you present to those potential customers, or you will find yourself without any business.

                    If you just want everybody to pat you on the head and say "good boy!," then just share your websites with your family. But if you truly want criticism that can help you out, then grow up fast and learn to listen.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: free blogs for hawaii

                      I took the criticism, I even said that i should figure out a way to market it so that it didn't seem like it was a myspace clone. If in fact that is the line you are talking about. I guess this is just another case of me needing to learn more tact. This is not about money to me it is about learning and becoming a more competent individual, if I make money thats if i don't no big loss. I'm trying my best, so please bear with me, hopefully we can move past my bumpy start.

                      ~Cameron
                      Last edited by 808blogs; February 17, 2006, 05:44 PM.
                      808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                      kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                      http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: free blogs for hawaii

                        Check it out, a face to the name, and a nice article in the Star-Bulletin written by the Kahuku school paper.

                        http://starbulletin.com/2006/02/20/f...s/story02.html

                        Congratulations Cameron!

                        Blaine
                        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: free blogs for hawaii

                          Cameron, Fantastic Article! You will get alot of Feedback from it. You will get the exposure you were seeking. Congrats.

                          Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: free blogs for hawaii

                            thanks, I think the article, as flattering as it was, was an overstatement, I wouldn't consider myself a "technical marvel". There are plenty of kids who are way more advanced than me. I guess I am just lucky to come from a school where there aren't that many who share my interests. It makes it easier for me to stand out.

                            as for 808blogs it looks like it's off to an OK start, didn't get the older group as I had hoped but the younger ones seem to be slowly picking it up. If anything maybe I'll be able to create a safer environment, than some of the other are offering (for instance myspace with all it's paedophiles).

                            Thanks again guys for all your support and the extra humility that you have endowed upon me.
                            808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                            kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                            http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: free blogs for hawaii

                              Originally posted by 808blogs
                              If anything maybe I'll be able to create a safer environment, than some of the other are offering (for instance myspace with all it's paedophiles).
                              If you still have the same ignorant kids who think posting all their personal info online won't attract the sickos, you're still going to have problems.

                              MySpace isn't the problem. It's the kids getting in over their heads, and parents who don't do/care enough to watch out for their online safety.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X