Windows 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 11

Found out my laptop can not upgrade to Windows 11, while my desktop can. Haven't taken the plunge yet.

Has anyone else plan on upgrading to Microsoft Windows 11?

it may be too early to conclude anything yet, but overall google sez it's ''good'' https://www.google.com/search?q=Wind...client=gws-wiz
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I had a problem with Windows 11. I couldn't logon to my computer when it automatically set to "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device." I had to go to full recovery to return to the original computer settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        I had a problem with Windows 11. I couldn't logon to my computer when it automatically set to "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device." I had to go to full recovery to return to the original computer settings.
        This problem happened after I did a Windows Update.

Comment

If your hardware isn't compatible with the requirements of Windows 11 you have other options. You can of course continue to use the same OS, try a new alternative OS, or get new hardware. The first two options are the most affordable of course. If you'd like to try an alternate OS, I'd recommend Linux Mint. Like nearly all of Linux it is freeware, and Linux Mint looks a lot like Windows (even has a start button in the lower left corner. Lots of software is included. Complete office software suite (Libre) is included free of charge, and works very similarly to MS Office. Browser Firefox is loaded, and Mozilla's Thunderbird is there for e-mail. Another thing to love about Linux: almost NO viruses, so it's a safe option. Good luck!

Comment

My current Windows laptop was a cheap replacement for my old laptop that had its case cracked a few years ago. Sooner or later I will get a new Windows laptop to replace that unit.

Comment

Working...
            X