Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of cell phone/service do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of cell phone/service do you have?

I just want to know what phones Hawaii people use.

I have a Nokia 3595, serviced by Tmobile.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What kind of cell phone/service do you have?

Some Sam Sung flip fone (sic) affair via T-Mobile. Never have had a problem. Good coverage. My alternate phone is some cheap crap phone via Verizon. Bad coverage, iffy a lot of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by dick
      Some Sam Sung flip fone (sic) affair via T-Mobile. Never have had a problem. Good coverage. My alternate phone is some cheap crap phone via Verizon. Bad coverage, iffy a lot of the time.
      I thought Verizon has a good network?

Comment

Mine is that new one-
        Nokia 3595, by AT & T Wirelss.
        It's pretty good. It works 90%
        of the time.
        I like the unlimited talk time on weekends, though.
        Puts the land line long distance out of shame & business. :-)
        I also got a whole new cover for it,
        I am ecstatic!.
        Take care & Aloha :-) .
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

My wife and I share a plan with Sprint PCS. I've been with them for maybe five years, and easily twice as many phones. (Before that, I was one of the first customers with VoiceStream, now T-Mobile, and still have my free T-shirt and mug!)

I haven't had any complaints about reception, and I like my cameraphone (I have the Samsung A620, and I post my photos here). I just wish they were more standards compliant... they use a proprietary picture e-mail setup, for example.

I'm always daydreaming about picking up a Treo 600, but if I do, I'll probably stick with Sprint for simplicity's sake. I know you have "number portability," but believe it or not that's still not enough to entice me to another provider... until there's one that's head and shoulders above the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            My wife and I share a plan with Sprint PCS. I've been with them for maybe five years, and easily twice as many phones. (Before that, I was one of the first customers with VoiceStream, now T-Mobile, and still have my free T-shirt and mug!)

I haven't had any complaints about reception, and I like my cameraphone (I have the Samsung A620, and I post my photos here). I just wish they were more standards compliant... they use a proprietary picture e-mail setup, for example.

I'm always daydreaming about picking up a Treo 600, but if I do, I'll probably stick with Sprint for simplicity's sake. I know you have "number portability," but believe it or not that's still not enough to entice me to another provider... until there's one that's head and shoulders above the rest.
            Did you try sprint's readylink? (a two-way radio service, similar to nextel). My brother ported to sprint from tmobile, and since sprint somewhat of a good service here (its mixed from what I got, so I'm keeping my current service if this goes through) I'm thinking of going w/ sprint.

Comment

Adri-

I was out in Haleiwa yesterday for work, and my work phone (the Verizon) had one- to no-bars reception. My T-Mobile had three to four. I had to wave the phone around and dowse for reception with my Verizon phone (it's some funky Audiovox affair). In a pinch I'll use my personal phone to contact the office when I'm dead on Verizon. Of course, I suspect the phone itself is partially to blame. I had an older version of a Samsung via T-Mobile which wouldn't work in my bedroom, but worked fine in my living room (ten feet away - windows in both rooms). But my current Samsung flip thing (dunno the model number off hand) works great everywhere.

Comment

I'm sporting the SE Z600 (unlocked) on the T-mobile network. I'm still waiting for T-mobile to officially support (and sell) the phone so I can use my T-zones page thingie. Other than that, I can still web browse (if you can call it that) and everything else the phone is capable of. But if you want a camera phone with heavy use of the camera functionality, don't go with the Z600, its picture quality is less than most others.

My next acquisition may just be the K700i, 'cause it's soo sexy.

I've thought about the sidekick, but they've gotta beef it up more. A touchscreen would be nice (so they could add a virtual keypad, rather than flip the screen and use the keyboard).

Comment

Working...
                X