MS Origami to compete with iPod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Origami to compete with iPod?

This particular MS handheld is not quite ready for prime time according to initial reviews. Will it eventually compete with iPod? They kinda do different things but intersect at the point where they both can play music. Origami will be powered by MS-XP and cost between $599 and $999.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: MS Origami to compete with iPod?

that's a simple one. its too big to be in the same category as the ipod. its a computer rather than a media player. the different origamis are basically smaller tablet pcs.

the ipod comparison was mentioned when it was still an unknown gadget. since they showed the origami, no ones really going with that angle.

Comment

To me, it looks like what the Newton could have been or should have been, had Steve Jobs not killed it on his return to Apple.

I still have three Newtons, all working. And I used them exactly like they're describing the Origami to work. But I was doing this back in 1993.

Blaine
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

i don't know much about the newtons. can they play video clips and browse the internet?

Comment

MS Origami to compete with iPod?
          Nah.

The iPod can only play music, games, videos, and be a portable hard drive.

The Origami can do that, plus have the XP OS, have its related apps and it has a built in keyboard.

To me, it basically looks like a large PDA (actually, it fills the gap between a PDA and a low end laptop).

IMO, unless it comes with a screen protector and has a BIOS, then I might look into one (maybe if the linux guys jump on this ,they can give MS some competition in the portable OS area).
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
          X