GMail tips and tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GMail tips and tricks

For people using Firefox, there's a few nice extensions that you can add to Firefox that will add more Gmail features to the browser:

Gmail Notifier - Little browser status bar doodad to show when you have new Gmail.
    http://update.mozilla.org/extensions...=Miscellaneous

GMailCompose - Opens a G-mail compose window from a mailto: URL
    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/gmailcompose

Comment

can someone please h00k me up with a invite for this gmail thing plzzzz.... I would greatly appreciate it and THANK SO VERY MUCH !! my email is offt_h00k@yahoo.com, my name can be Offt Hook . THANKS AGAIN !!
      Last edited by offtheh00k; July 31, 2004, 05:31 PM. Reason: forgot to post me email to send invite to.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Tim, you and Adri above are on my waitlist, at least! Gmail users get a batch every so often... if there are any other Gmail users here with invites to spare, feel free to do some HawaiiThreads.com gifting!
        Thanks pzarquon!!!
        I need one centralized email account because right now, I can barely memorize my 8+ (I know I have more) email addresses.

Sorry for the threadjack.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Nevermind. I got one via an invite from another person on another forums.

But for those of you who are waiting, there's now a couple of people in Hawaii who have gmail accounts, and I'll give my first batch to you guys when I receive them.

Comment

Gmail Invite

I just want you guys to know, that I have a gmail invite to give out. It took me about a week to get it, and I feel that I'd spread the aloha spirit and give it to a local person.

Who wants it?

Comment

That's cool, Adri... I'm glad you got an account, and are willing to spread the wealth here! I know Timster was looking for an invite. You might want to send him a PM and see if he still needs someone to hook him up.

A couple of months ago, I was getting invites faster than I could give them away. Now that I use Gmail daily for almost all my non-personal e-mail, I haven't seen an invite offer come up in ages. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                That's cool, Adri... I'm glad you got an account, and are willing to spread the wealth here! I know Timster was looking for an invite. You might want to send him a PM and see if he still needs someone to hook him up.

A couple of months ago, I was getting invites faster than I could give them away. Now that I use Gmail daily for almost all my non-personal e-mail, I haven't seen an invite offer come up in ages. Bummer.
                I just sent him an invite.

And I made another thread (should it be deleted?) about who wants an invite. (where is that post? )

BTW, google just released a new batch of invites, so you might want to check your inbox.

Comment

That said the big attraction to Gmail is the 1 gig of mail storage space.

Hey Mel for $19.95 per year Yahoo will give you 2Gb of storage and 10mb of email files.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
                    BTW, google just released a new batch of invites, so you might want to check your inbox.
                    Well hot damn, you're right! I only got one invite (before I'd get 'em four or eight at a time!), but it's an invite nonetheless. Anyone want to play? PM me with your name and e-mail address.

That said, the Yahoo! deal - 100MB for free, 2GB for a reasonable price - is pretty good, and their spam controls are a bazillion times better.

Actually, I don't even think Gmail's turned theirs on yet! I'm pretty sure I get every single message I'm sent.

Comment

That was fast! My invite's gone. Post here if you're still looking for one, as other forum members might be able to help you out.

Comment

Good News!!111!!!

I got 4 more invites!!!

Sent one to tim. I'll be giving out to mainlanders if no one responds.
                        Last edited by adrian; August 26, 2004, 10:49 AM. Reason: changed amount of invites left

Comment

Woo hoo! I got five invites to give away as well.

If anyone here on HawaiiThreads.com doesn't have a Gmail.com account and wants to give it a spin, drop either Adri1456 or me a Private Message here with a name (not neccessarily your real name!) and a working e-mail address, and we'll get you set up.

I'm liking Gmail quite a bit, and use it as my primary "everything except the reallyimportant stuff" e-mail address. The 1000MB of storage is nice, but what's really changed the way I e-mail is the Google-powered search. If only my years of archived e-mail could be processed the same way... I'd never lose a piece of information again! Yahoo! and Hotmail both improved their offierings, and for a variety of reasons, you might still like them better. But why not take a Gmail test drive?

Anyway, I'll save my invites for HawaiiThreads.com users, so if I haven't posted that mine are all given out, you can still get one!

Comment

Sorry, just ran out. I gave them to family members and a few close friends.

BTW, do you know of anyone else having a gmail account? They're in high demand here, as I only seen one other person at school use one, and when I check my mail at school, people are always asking me for an invite.

Comment

GMail invitations

If anyone would like a Gmail account, I have a few invitations to give away. You can either leave a private message with your email address or email me with it.
                              Send POI

Comment

It was a long dry spell of no Gmail invites then all of a sudden I get a whole slew of them. Send me an email with your first and last name and I will sent you an invite if you are interested.
                                Check out Bytemarks the blog and Bytemarks the Yahoogroup

Comment

Working...
                                X