In a Cave...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a Cave...

Was thinking to myself... "hmm... haven't updated ol' IE for a while..." and wandered off to the Microsawft site, where I eventually found this:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product...ternetexplorer

I feel like I've been living in a cave... I had no idea...

Of course, I use Safari, so I don't give a rip... but still...

Re: In a Cave...

I use Firefox, so hadn't noticed either. I always thought the ol' MSIE 4 logo and interface looked quaint on OSX. I guess I'll upgrade, though. I remember once coming across a site that required MSIE.

Usually, though, such sites aren't worth visiting.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      I use Firefox, so hadn't noticed either.
      Soon thereafter I downloaded Firefox. Pretty spiffy, actually. Kinda Netscape-esque in its look and feel. And things seem to load way fast...

...or maybe it was just me having an episode...

Comment

Originally posted by dick
        Soon thereafter I downloaded Firefox. Pretty spiffy, actually. Kinda Netscape-esque in its look and feel. And things seem to load way fast...

...or maybe it was just me having an episode...
        Firefox is Netscape-esque because both browsers are based on the Mozilla engine.

Comment

Huh. It's been so long since I used Netscape that I hadn't noticed any resemblance. For a while there I was stuck (or a creature of habit) with a proprietary Yahoo browser that was mostly IE. I went to Firefox pretty early in its development, though.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Any Firefoxers using THunderbird for their email too? Am using Firefox but still use Outlook Express for email.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
              Any Firefoxers using THunderbird for their email too? Am using Firefox but still use Outlook Express for email.
              I've thought about it, but I'm too used to Eudora to switch, after nearly six years. I never did like Outlook, so when a client was buying Eudora for his company I said "add me in, please," and I've been there ever since.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

For mail I use "Mail." Easy to use for the most part. Wondered about Thunderbird, though... might fiddle with it and see...

Comment

I use Firefox, husband uses asnd praises Opera. He's been trying to get me to convert for years now. For mail I use google. and hotmail.

thas my 2 cents.

Comment

I still use IE only because I'm too friggin' lazy to tackle that relearning curve when it comes to navigating around different browsers. In my internet beginnings I was a Netscape user simply because our company was using it. Then they switched to IE and everybody had to learn Outlook.

I'm considering going to Firefox too (heck it's an icon on my desktop) and will probably try it tonight. Still trying to figure out that Linux disk I got in the mail. Oh the brain hurts when you gotta think
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I use Firefox (with 30 extensions) and Thunderbird primarily. I ocassionally
                      use IE as there is certain things like Windows Update that I have to use
                      IE.

I tried Mandriva Linux..probably the easiest to use Linux wise
                      http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/en
                      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Firefox 1.5.0.2 has been released http://tinyurl.com/6ph8b
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

Um. I take it we're not all talking about Mac browsers at this point? Ah well. "In a Cave..." can mean anything, I guess.

FWIW, the FileForum site also lists Firefox 1.5.0.2 as being out for OSX today, as well. But the official site is still listing 1.5.0.1 as current for both platforms. I tried changing the current main download link URL to manually specify 1.5.0.2 and something started downloading... but I'm not going to upgrade just now.

Comment

I upgraded to 1.5.0.2 with no problem.

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...eases/1.5.0.2/
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

Well the fact that Apple is heading towards integrating XP into their systems and Microsoft well...isn't...tells me that Bill Gates vision may come true that in time: There will only be one.

And please remember Xerox was the first when it came to a GUI interface...not Apple.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X