Retrieving Old Buzznet Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving Old Buzznet Photos

I haven't used Buzznet for almost a year, but I want to get some of the photos off of it. When I click the thumbnails, though, all I get is each photo's page with the caption, comments, and title, but no image. Anyone know what's up?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Retrieving Old Buzznet Photos

if you want someone to try to retreive the larger version of the pic, post the link.

Comment

Well sure...if I want to do things the easy way!
      Here's link.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

ok, now; describe the pic you want. subject?

dog in toy train?
        drunk guy passed out in parking lot?
        sunrise behind buildings?
        what is it.
        ya know.
        describe.

in other words, don't make me work TOO much here...

Comment

Well, the thing is, I don't really know yet. I just want to know what I need to do to get the bigger pictures. Any ideas?
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
            Well, the thing is, I don't really know yet. I just want to know what I need to do to get the bigger pictures. Any ideas?
            yes. I asked for yer email to give you my answer.

what is yer email.
            pm it to me.

Comment

There's definitely something going on there at Buzznet. Things are a bit (but less) sketchy in my gallery, too. I post photos almost weekly, so inactivity can't be the reason. I'm seeing broken graphic links, missing thumbnails, and missing "full display" images everywhere. Sporadically, without a pattern, like something's gone wrong on their servers.

Can't find a system status or site blog, though. Hopefully it's temporary.

When posting photos direct from my phone, I use accounts at Buzznet, TextAmerica, and Flickr simultaneously, to make sure at least someone's saving them.

Comment

BuzzNet has gone through several makeovers in the past 2 years. The most recent occured around the middle of March where the emphasis on photos were reduced and the site turning more into a multi-media place (upload videos, audio) with blogs, etc... kind of like they are becoming more like MySpace.com.

A lot of users who used the site for posting of photos have had many of their older photos disappear. I have more than 2,600 photos posted there, but many photos older than say, December 2005 have disappeared... not consistently but sparodically through all of my photo albums. A lot of the thumbnails are there, but the larger pictures... gone.

Since that major change, I have cut down on BuzzNet postings.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                X