Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wii - the Nintendo formerly known as Revolution

A Wii workout

But as players spend more time with the Wii, some are noticing that hours waving the game's controller around can add up to fairly intense exertion -- resulting in aches and pains common in more familiar forms of exercise. They're reporting aching backs, sore shoulders -- even something some have dubbed "Wii elbow."
    Now that video games are getting more interactive, people are complaining of aches and pains. Maybe the Wii should come with a warning to warm up before every use.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

You may get a great upper body workout when playing on a Wii, but Wii has some problems that might make you wish you hadn't thrown that last upper right cross...

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/play...i.problems.cnn

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Wanna know what's inside a Wii gaming console? Check out the pix.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Nintendo offering strap replacement

If you were lucky enough to get a Wii, you need to contact Nintendo to get a replacement for the strap on the game controller. There have been at least 3 reports of minor injury caused by the defective straps, and I saw the video that shows the controller impaled in a HDTV set .

Miulang

Comment

Re: Nintendo offering strap replacement

People have to be using the Wiimotes ridiculously carelessly to actually break the original strap string. It's way more durable that it looks, but I guess idiots will be idiots. As for them chucking the Wiimote into their TV, that's nobody's fault but their own for failing to HOLD the damn thing like they SHOULD be doing. There's no need to exert huge amounts of force to use the motion sensitivity, and for the people that do want to get wild, they should know better. Especially considering all the warnings Nintendo provides. My mom gets crazy when she plays Wii Sport's Boxing to the point of tossing the game chair aside and standing up to box. But she has yet to break the strap, and she hasn't lost grip on the Wiimote once.
            myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog View Post
              People have to be using the Wiimotes ridiculously carelessly to actually break the original strap string. It's way more durable that it looks, but I guess idiots will be idiots. As for them chucking the Wiimote into their TV, that's nobody's fault but their own for failing to HOLD the damn thing like they SHOULD be doing. There's no need to exert huge amounts of force to use the motion sensitivity, and for the people that do want to get wild, they should know better. Especially considering all the warnings Nintendo provides. My mom gets crazy when she plays Wii Sport's Boxing to the point of tossing the game chair aside and standing up to box. But she has yet to break the strap, and she hasn't lost grip on the Wiimote once.
              Has she tried the tennis game yet?

Miulang

Comment

Yeah, she swings too early so all her balls go out of bounds, and she always slices during Golf

BUT she is a Pro Bowler now

Comment

I'M POSTIN' THIS FROM MAH WII-- no actually my wrist is hurting from posting everywhere else from the Wii's Internet Channel, so I'm giving that a rest.

Yeah so a trial version of the Internet Channel is available now with the free Opera browser download from the Shop Channel. It's interesting to browse the internet from my TV. Display is actually not too bad, though some text can be a little small, like Dead Rising text on an SDTV small (if you don't know what that is, that means REALLY unreadably small).

Typing with the Wiimote is also fairly interesting. It's a somewhat slow process at first but gets easier. And the auto-complete makes life easier. The first site my parents wanted me to look at was eBay so we could check our auctions, hehe. Already saved a ton of faves, will probably play around with it again tomorrow, though obviously it won't replace using the computer, it's still neat stuff.

Comment

I'm jealous I went to buy one (decided to wait till after finals ), and I can't find it anywhere. I'm in Utah now visiting my g-parents so maybe I'll have better luck. Though I know that both the Walmart and Gamestop in their town are sold out.... Hmm maybe I'll get my self a nice after Christmas present
                    808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                    kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                    http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

after much searching, i finally found a bundle I liked at Costco. So, while waiting for it to ship, I fixed my NES with a new 72pin thinger and it works like it's 1986. I played Track and Field all night lastnight as if I were 7 again, but I didn't manage to pass super mario bros. . Costco has been teasing me all week with their Order Status bits on their web site saying it hasn't shipped...I came home today with a happy husband telling me that "Wii would like to play."

I LOVE MY WII. I'm so glad I found a bundle with 2 remotes/nunchucks. My right arm feels like it's gonna fall off, but I keep swingin. I haven't had this much fun in ages. Tennis and golf are by far my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                        after much searching, i finally found a bundle I liked at Costco. So, while waiting for it to ship, I fixed my NES with a new 72pin thinger and it works like it's 1986. I played Track and Field all night lastnight as if I were 7 again, but I didn't manage to pass super mario bros. . Costco has been teasing me all week with their Order Status bits on their web site saying it hasn't shipped...I came home today with a happy husband telling me that "Wii would like to play."

I LOVE MY WII. I'm so glad I found a bundle with 2 remotes/nunchucks. My right arm feels like it's gonna fall off, but I keep swingin. I haven't had this much fun in ages. Tennis and golf are by far my favorite.
                        Lucky! I don't think I'm going to get one anymore. It was a nice thought during winter break but now that schools started again I don't really want to waste the money on it. Then again I dusted off my cube, and just beat Mario cart, and am working on Metroid and Resident evil 4. I stopped playing games for almost 2 years and the Wii came out and and i got hooked again, even though i never managed to get a Wii
                        808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                        kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                        http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

So. What's the state of the Wii-verse now?

Since the consoles are still hard to find around town, I imagine there's still demand. In fact, my coworkers still tell stories about friends of friends buying and shipping them from odd stores in the midwest, suggesting demand is still high everywhere.

Wiis are definitely becoming a hot party accessory. Or an excuse for the whole party. A couple of times, someone has brought a Wii into our breakroom, ending the day with a Wii Sports tournament.

Any favorite games? New accessories? Apart from the Wii boxes themselves, where's the best place in town to get Wii goodies?

Comment

When it was first announced, I posted this on another forum:
                            Buddy your Xbox make a big noise
                            Playin' in the market gonna be a punk craze some day
                            Got hacked in the face
                            It's a big disgrace
                            Sluggin' your heavy ass all over the place

Wii will wii will rock you!

Buddy your Playstation's a chump, man
                            Shoutin' in the street gonna make a comeback some day
                            You're old and replaced
                            You big disgrace
                            Hobblin' around all over the place

Buddy your consoles are old and crappy, man
                            Pleadin' with their circuits gonna survive some day

Dust settled in place
                            They're a big disgrace
                            Wii's gonna put them in their place

Wii will... wii will... ROCK YOU!
                            Wii will... wii will... ROCK YOU!

---------------------------------------

I still haven't decided if I want to get a Wii or not. The inventive UI is interesting (especially with games like Mortal Kombat). But the games I want to play, Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 5 and others are on the PS3.

It's bad enough that I'm into PC gaming and the two portable systems, but having more than one console. *brain explode* Besides, my friend has a Wii. It just sounds wrong to say I'm going to play with my friend's Wii, though.

Comment

I want to get a Wii as well but I still can't find one store in town where they have this baby in stock. There are people who are selling theirs on Craigslist but they sell it for around $350-$400. I'll just wait for the demand to cool down than spending $100 more than the MSRP.
                              "It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.."

Comment

Working...
                              X