This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello World - Voice Email

My relatives on the mainland have been sending me "Voice Emails!" I finally gave in and will be getting it too. A monster will be on the loose AGAIN! Imagine what I can do. heheheh

Anyone else heard or using this wonderful new addition of the Internet? What are the ups and downs. Cost wise and any advice to a newbie. Neva mind about da advice part...I going make my own rules!

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; May 19, 2006, 10:46 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Voice Email

Voice e-mails? What do you mean, exactly?

Is it a proprietary web service with some kind of Flash-based recording interface where you send the multimedia equivalent of e-cards to each other? Basic video chat? Or is it a broad application like Skype that has accounts and live chat/call/video capability as well as the ability to leave messages?

I'm curious what's gotten 1stwahine so excited. Brand names and URLs, please!

Comment

I'm Excited is right! It's a new TOY!!!

I'm waiting for the information from my neice.

The product is from ! One doesn't have to get the product to recieve the voice emails. However, what's the fun in getting it, if you can't send a voice email back?
      It's live. It's the new thing to do.

We tried it on Mother's Day and I just cracked up. We couldn't send a voice email back. We were able to post comments instantly and my Ohana in California answered them on video. I saw the potential in using it for comments on my Blog. I don't know about the cost. As soon as I get the information I will let everyone know.

If anyone knows or is using this new technology Please let us know too.

My new Toy is being sent to me!

I'm Excited! Yep! I'm Excited!

Ahhh...Watch Out World! Auntie pUpUle LIVE from MWH!

ROFLMAO
      Last edited by 1stwahine; May 19, 2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks, 1stwahine. All right, let's take a look.

Here's the Hello World site. Here's the feature list and what they charge for them.

If you like the interface, and think it's worth the money, go for it. They do seem to be quite proud of their e-mail/video integration. But you can pretty much do everything listed for free with other software, with fewer limits, better compatibility (HelloWorld insists on MSIE and Windows Media) and, I'd imagine, a far less obnoxious presentation.

It's a site that's trying to do everything at once, but doesn't excel in any particular area. Reminds me of the explosion of My{YourBrandHere} portals of the late 1990s.

Comment

I remember back in 2000 (which is 6 years ago already) I used pagetalk.com. I don't remember if it would allow you to email it to somebody but I had a fan website for a musician and I would be able to update with audio notes from concerts. All I had to do was embed the code into the concert page and I would dial an 800 number and it would connect to the audio. It is a neat idea though. I'm suprised more companies don't support it.

Comment

I told ya you should "TEACH" pzarquon!

Mahalo for the information.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Why, is just recording you voice in sound recorder, then email it as an attachment too long for some people?

Honestly, its the first time I heard of this, but I don't like it because I kinda hate one sided converstations.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                Why, is just recording you voice in sound recorder, then email it as an attachment too long for some people?

Honestly, its the first time I heard of this, but I don't like it because I kinda hate one sided converstations.
                Adrain, das why you have the option to purchase the product so you have a two way video email conversation!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Re: Voice Email - Video Email PLUS

Auntie,

I just had to get on the thread and just defend my company a little, cause' there seem to be some confusion about the products...

The first thing I would like to point out is (although it may seem at first because it's so FUN), that these are DEFINITELY TOOLS, not toys. The toys out there are FREE stuff with a few copycat features but not ANYTHING like the REAL STUFF. Those of you who take real medicine, then try to take the FAKE STUFF can totally relate...j/k

1. helloMail - We offer the world’s first, Email system with fully integrated streaming video. Our helloMail product allows you to send a video email, customized with your graphics and hyperlinks. It’s the power of TV, combined with the simplicity of an email - no downloads, plug-ins or special equipment needed. A recipient simply clicks on the video email and it will play! Ideal for getting a uniform message out to the masses, while keeping it extremely personal! Our video email platform will find out what player you have (quicktime, media player, flash), detect it behind the scenes and then play the Vmail in a clear, crisp picture and sound (synching with your lips too!) - Want to see a sample? CLICK HERE --->
                  http://helloworlda.razorstream.com/r...robat%20Reader

2. helloIM - Communicate with another helloWorld member - in video & text chat! We have taken Instant Messaging to another level! See and hear the person you are talking to - in REAL TIME! This comes FREE with any package you decide to pick.

3. helloLIVE - We offer the ability to easily broadcast simultaneously using high-quality streaming video. Use this tool for meetings, such as meetings with clients or constituents, demonstrating products and services, and much more. You’ll be able to present live slide presentations and poll questions for increased interactivity. You can even record your presentations, complete with slides and polling questions, and post them on your website for 24/7 access. You can obtain “up to the view” reports directly from your account so you’ll always know how many times your video played. You can have your own "broadcast TV Network" up in minutes. All you do is send out a link to your participants and they can meet you there in minutes! This type of broadcast can be private, public or pay per view!

Auntie, I just had to give the breakdown on the streaming media product line because words just don't do it justice!

Don't give me anything FREE, cause' eventually, I pay for it!

You can't beat $9.95/mo, it's worth it! FAQ: Do my husband & I work full-time by utilizing this as our home biz? Answer: YEAH!

If you want to get further clarity on the 3 products cause' reading isn't your thing? Click on this short 3 minute flash movie:

http://www.mysuccessexpress.com/streamingvideo2

Any questions, feel free to post or talk to my Auntie, ACTION speak louder than words.

Love you guys,

Sassy from the Valley (Napa that is..)
                  The local girl with an attitude...
                  Last edited by firstclassmaria; May 19, 2006, 06:18 PM.
                  If you want to SOAR like an Eagle, you have to stop surrounding yourself with TURKEYS!

Maria Roberts
                  Napa Valley, CA
                  Connecting People...Changing Lives
                  www.getworldpassport.com/firstclass - Profit Center
                  www.easyvideostream.com - Products
                  Email: firstclass@helloworld.com

Comment

Ahhh...Hello People! Das my Niece!

Can tell she related to me?

ROFLMAO

Welcome to HawaiiThread.com Sassy! Get plenty odda topics you'll find interesting.

Auntie Lynn
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; May 19, 2006, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Do my husband & I work full-time by utilizing this as our home biz? Answer: YEAH!
                      Now that's an... enthusiastic post, Maria. Always good to meet another member of Aunty Lynn's colorful clan.

Elements of your message (like the above quote, and your signature links) rang familiar, and quickly sparked me to take a closer look. But that's the point, yes?

I found an independent review of Hello World and its offerings. A little additional Googling seems to confirm that the author wasn't too off base with some of her thoughts on the underlying model of the company.

Anyway. I'm glad it's working for you, Maria. Good luck in your endeavors. And independent of Hello World, as a "local girl with an attitude," I hope you'll join the other conversations here.

For everyone else? Hey, if you like the Hello World product, buy it, by all means. This stuff seems like fun (but also seems like largely repackaged solutions from other providers).

But if Hello World is also an MLM, I'd hope they'd be more upfront about it. Now, I've had relatives into all sorts of such programs, and we actually bought some stuff (from laundry detergent to weird kitchen gadgets)... but it was made clear that the people who were promoting it were doing it for more than just love.
                      Last edited by pzarquon; May 19, 2006, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Very well put PZ...

I couldn't have said it better...

I think sometimes people like aunty are like my mom... they often get wrapped up into a new thing before they consult others...

I got the Helloworld spew about a year ago from a friend in Vegas and I felt like he was trying to sell me on an amway product.

Comment

Re: Hello World - Voice Email

Mahalo PZ, Manoaursurfer123 and especially to my niece Sassy for stopping by to explain. I hope you return to participate on the Forum as I mention to you we have other threads that are very interersting too.

Yes, I am like most "Mothers" who get excited about "New Products" cause I am very niave! Luckily, I belong to two wonderful Public Forums! I have decided to take the advice of PZ and Manoasurfer123 over blood connection at this time.

I don't want to be caught up with too many "boxes of detergent in my hale"

Sorry Sassy. I wish you well in your business. Auntie has too many friends who watches over her. Our Online Ohana here at Hawaiithread.com is No Ka Oi!

Aloha and Love,

Auntie Lynn
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; May 20, 2006, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Aunty, PZ & Friends,

I'm not trying to "convince" you about MLM or anything. Unlike the Billion Dollar Company Amway (which actually set the way) for other great MLM's, there's NO PRODUCTS to store in your garage or buy upfront to make your monthly quota or autoship. Amway is a great company if that's your thing and you believe in the products. MLM is a great way to market products & services. Think about it, how many times have you referred a good book, good movie or good restaurant? AND RECEIVED PAY? What's the big deal about that? If you're interested in a product and someone you know refers you to it and received compensation for it, is that REALLY a bad thing? (or working smarter, not harder?!)

With Corporate America stealing pension plans, laying off people (downsizing) at a rapid rate and people not taking control of their future, this is the ONLY way I see that the average person can succeed, if they GO TO WORK for a short period of time, rather than 40-50 years for someone else!

It's really not fair the justice you are giving VM Direct (which is the actually MLM arm)...HelloWorld are the streaming media products.

PZ: There are definitely no repackaging, everything is original content created, that's why they spent over 60 million dollars and over 1 million man/woman hours on this...

The other guy: If your friend pushed you into it, you always have the right to say NO. Just because someone is passionate about something, doesn't mean they have are wrong. They should of just asked if you want to be a customer only or do you want to sell the product too?

Folks, there will always be "naysayers and dreamstealers"....unfortunately, it's always people that are close to us - sometimes they sleep right next to us , it's just up to you to decide if these products fit your communication needs (I BELIEVE EVERYONE WITHIN THE NEXT 2-3 YEARS WILL GO FROM SENDING BORING EMAIL TO VMAILS) - There's not a text email that can express all my gestures, facial expressions, etc. that I am saying to you.

Don't get a bad taste in your mouth...just because it's MLM doesn't always mean it's a bad thing. Earning $70,000 per month in this industry (and helped others do the same ) is what I do. I will never be working for someone else, only me, myself & I. I found a great company with awesome products in front of a massive trend, you can either get on board and be in front, or wait for the wave to pass and get on later...Up to you, but thanks and I will post on other threads, thanks Auntie for the opportunity to speak up!
                            If you want to SOAR like an Eagle, you have to stop surrounding yourself with TURKEYS!

Maria Roberts
                            Napa Valley, CA
                            Connecting People...Changing Lives
                            www.getworldpassport.com/firstclass - Profit Center
                            www.easyvideostream.com - Products
                            Email: firstclass@helloworld.com

Comment

I just sent aunty one 10 second video from my Yahoo account for FREE!

As long as you have a highspeed connection and you make small MPEG movies... you should be able to attatch them as people attatch pictures.

Hopefully the person on the receiving end has a decoder such as windows media player...then there shouldn't be a need to spend money on monthly accounts.
                              Originally posted by firstclassmaria
                              Folks, there will always be "naysayers and dreamstealers"....unfortunately, it's always people that are close to us - sometimes they sleep right next to us , it's just up to you to decide if these products fit your communication needs (I BELIEVE EVERYONE WITHIN THE NEXT 2-3 YEARS WILL GO FROM SENDING BORING EMAIL TO VMAILS) - There's not a text email that can express all my gestures, facial expressions, etc. that I am saying to you.
                              I'll send you a FREE vmail from my Yahoo account... to your email you have listed below.

Comment

Working...
                              X