This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello World - Voice Email

Video is still tricky online, and I'm guessing Hello World is banking on its mostly-universal rebranded RazorStream interface (though contrary to their claims, offering WMV, Real, QuickTime, and Flash is still requiring plug-ins or other software -- it's just hedging your bets that most users have one of those players).

But yeah, there are lots of ways to send video out there. Or to publish it for the public (with no view limits). Or to get people to pay for it. And live video chats? Several existing IM systems support it, on top of regular text messaging. And they won't charge you a monthly fee, if anything at all.

There's nothing new about Hello World, except for the fact that if you get your family and friends to sign up, you make a few bucks. Which isn't all that new, either.

Comment

Auntie,

You've got to be kidding me.......you guys really take the cake with negativity....You guys think you would be proud of a local girl doing good and wanting to share with her Auntie great things...but instead, you come at me with this *RAP???

Moana sent me a 10 second (cause' if it was longer, it would take up more space on my hard drive..) FREE video email!

WOW! Moana, what was I supposed to do with the .mpg? oh yeah, click on the attachment, joke, dude! , no one nowadays wants to download an attachment.......AND you had the nerve to ask me if I can go outside and record?? What kind of question is that?

Our platform technology is way superior....you still don't get it do you? By the way PZ, the video instant messaging is FREE and part of any package, so we're not trying to claim that as the big kahuna...

Let me ask you "naysayers" some questions, since you are in the mood of asking questions:

Does your FREE vmail allow you to store videos without taking space on your hard drive?

Does your FREE vMail allow you to import videos from different sources and then send them out with your customized graphics?

Does your FREE vMail allow you to dress up around your video email with customized graphics and embed hyperlinks inside the graphics?

Does your FREE vMail allow you to view who watched your video (by email address), what date & time? This is invisible tracking, no asking by the way..

Does your FREE vMail allow you to direct and point to graphics around your video so your can send your viewers to different websites, blogs, threads, .pdf docs, newsletters, etc.?

Does your FREE vMail allow a recipient to write to you in a text email and you reply with Video within the same email client?

Does your FREE vMail allow you to upload Videos, pictures, music into your media vault and then transfer it to your IPOD, camera, MP3 player, computer, etc. and detect the format for you?

Does your FREE vMail allow you to send out a link to one or thousands of viewers and simultaneously broadcast to them from the comfort of your computer? (In other words, have access to your own broadcast network?)

Does your FREE vMail allow you to have a LIVE instant video message chat with up to FOUR people at one time?

Does your FREE vMail allow you to record your video, click on a button, have instant HTML code and upload your freestanding video into a Website or Newsletter?

You know what, you guys "keep on keepin' on..." and try not to sway too many other people to the dark side.....Let people believe in what they want to....

To my Auntie who made her decision based on these 2 guys............my Grandma taught me better than that.......I would NEVER make a decision based on what OTHER PEOPLE advised me. It's great to have someone's opinion and that's respected, but if I liked something, I'd go for it....nothing you could say, do or yell , would ever prevent me from it....that's the power of ME, myself & I...my decision. I love you.

Sassy
      Last edited by firstclassmaria; May 20, 2006, 11:01 PM.
      If you want to SOAR like an Eagle, you have to stop surrounding yourself with TURKEYS!

Maria Roberts
      Napa Valley, CA
      Connecting People...Changing Lives
      www.getworldpassport.com/firstclass - Profit Center
      www.easyvideostream.com - Products
      Email: firstclass@helloworld.com

Comment

Originally posted by firstclassmaria
        Auntie,

You've got to be kidding me.......you guys really take the cake with negativity....You guys think you would be proud of a local girl doing good and wanting to share with her Auntie great things...but instead, you come at me with this *RAP???

To my Auntie who made her decision based on these 2 guys............my Grandma taught me better than that.......I would NEVER make a decision based on what OTHER PEOPLE advised me. It's great to have someone's opinion and that's respected, but if I liked something, I'd go for it....nothing you could say, do or yell , would ever prevent me from it....that's the power of ME, myself & I...my decision. I love you.

Sassy
        *blink blink*

The issues here seem to be:

-Product: can the consumer get for free what some other company wants them to pay $10/month? Is the product worth $10/month?

People like me hate voicemail, and I have that feature on my cellphone, home phone and office phone. I prefer email every time, and that day that someone wants to email me some large file to give me yet another opportunity to listen to the sound of their *voice*, <DELETE>

-Fair Price: can the consumer shop around and get a cheaper price from another vendor? Does the vendor have the same opportunity to shop around and broker me a better deal? Joe Blow who owns an independent cell phone store can; one day he can be hawking Nextel, and if he figures out that the coverage is crap on his isle, he can wrangle a different contract with Cingular. I have the option to go to him directly, or to either cellphone company directly.

MLMs don't work that way. $10/month has built into it the pyramid compensation structure IN ADDITION to the actual costs to administer the service/R&D, etc. As a consumer, I won't get any deals...unless I commit to becoming one of its sales force, of which any success in getting "any deals" in the future is dependent on me pushing the pyramid out as far as possible...which mathmatically we are still talking about a pyramid scheme, but what makes this legal is the inclusion of sale of product (whether the product is physically or virtually stored is of no consequence in this discussion).

and finally,

-marketing: a successful company trains its sales force (who are the backbone of any successful company) that if they believe in the product, they can sell it. And if they truly believe in it, then they don't take it PERSONALLY when queried--that is what the consumer is SUPPOSED to do. The successful sales force finds the best answers...and when it cannot give those answers to the consumer, then it is up to the sales force to take it back to the company. Its called FEEDBACK. And it is how a company makes its product BETTER.

You got your feedback, Maria. On a public forum, of what could potentially be many, many future customers. Pay particular care to the maturity with which you communicate, because you are the one selling something here, not anyone else.

Good luck.
        Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; May 21, 2006, 07:47 AM. Reason: because me taking her to task for how she treated her auntie in her last paragraph is family business and should stay between them.

pax

Comment

Very well put pua'i...

I got an interesting and friendly response from Sassy. She even offered to set me up with a demo account for a few weeks.... (the same way Amway gives you free products at your first "meeting")

I simply replied... thanks but no thanks.

And to answer your questions...about what the Free Vmail services can do...
          Most can do all what you asked.... some can... and some can't... however, by using a combination of multiple Free Vmail services...you can do all of your questions for free in one format or another....

(btw - we discussed ways to avoid filling up your hard drive in another thread)

Thanks again for the offer sassy...

Your statement "I would NEVER make a decision based on what OTHER PEOPLE advised me. It's great to have someone's opinion and that's respected, but if I liked something, I'd go for it....nothing you could say, do or yell , would ever prevent me from it..." just makes me want to laugh....

If you would NEVER make a decision based on what OTHER PEOPLE advise you... why are you now TRYING TO ADVISE us here on HT that your services are so worthwhile?

Once again Sassy,
          We all appreciate a good debate in here at HT... and we can all learn things and be "ADVISED" of things.... I think a number of us use these threads just to get ADVICE sometimes. Especially when it's something that we don't know that much about.

Getting opinions from others...whether we like them or not can help us make our own decisions...

Nuff said ... Manoa
          Last edited by damontucker; May 21, 2006, 08:17 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Maria, no one here has wished you ill... hell, I've said many times, I wish you nothing but success. I've also said if anyone finds the mix of features at HelloWorld compelling... go for it!

But don't confuse curiosity and skepticism with negativity or, of all things, "dreamstealing."

You love your product, and share it... as we all do with things we love. But you know there's a difference between, "Try this great thing," and, "Try this great thing (and earn me a commission)." Full disclosure is a good thing... and your sales training should help navigate those waters. I'd buy a car from a friend if my friend was a car salesman... but I'd hope my friend wouldn't take it personally if I didn't.

I hope you do well, and I'm sure if anyone wants to try HelloWorld.com here, you'l be the first person they'll contact (using your "fancy" referral link, of course). But rather than continuing the pitch, as a "local girl with attitude," why not talkstory with us about other things? There's a lot to chat about here, and plenty of other expatriates to trade tales with.

Comment

an interesting thread about this whole Helloworld Voice Email was started a long time ago at this site.

www.scam.com

Here is the thread link

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6557

Comment

Whatever........already moving forward...WOMT
                If you want to SOAR like an Eagle, you have to stop surrounding yourself with TURKEYS!

Maria Roberts
                Napa Valley, CA
                Connecting People...Changing Lives
                www.getworldpassport.com/firstclass - Profit Center
                www.easyvideostream.com - Products
                Email: firstclass@helloworld.com

Comment

Working...
                X