Real life vs video games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real life vs video games

I found a picture that compares a video game screenshot to real life. The game is called Crysis, and its for the PC and/or xbox360 (but for the PC version, it'll require Vista because of DirectX 10). more screenshots
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Real life vs video games

games are really getting realistic where you almost can't tell the difference between reality and simulated reality.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

It can run with DX 9 too, won't look as good as DX 10 course but will still be amazing (those very images are the DX 9 renderings). The demos at E3 were run with DX 9 and those looked ridiculously great. Far Cry was good stuff gameplay wise and especially beautiful in the graphics department, so I'm not too surprised (but still giddy) at the work done by CryTek this time around. Looks beautiful. Hope content is just as good.
      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

And to think it all started with OJ's loafers!!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Impressive. I wonder where the "real life" images were taken? Glancing at them, and at some of the other screen shots of the environments (mountains, shores, jungle), it looks like it could be modeled in part on Hawaii. Although the story supposedly takes place in remote North Korean territory.

I'm not the only one to notice the similarities.

Comment

That looks alot like Kaa'awa valley, just past Kualoa Ranch on Oahu's north side (where they filmed the velociraptor stampede in Jurrasic Park I).

Eh but.. PS2 looks good enough for my novice gaming enjoyment.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
              That looks alot like Kaa'awa valley
              Bingo.

Here's an aerial shot of Kaa'awa valley by the Makani Kai Helicopter Tour Company...
              http://www.makanikai.com/images/alii...awa-Valley.jpg
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

pretty fancy, I saw some stuff on digg a few weeks back that showcased the work of a 3d artist that did lifelike people recreations, I'll have to digg up the link (pun intended).

It's amazing to see whats being produced
                808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Working...
                X