Laptop Fires & Battery Recalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple computer battery recall

Lest Powerbook users think they are immune from the curse of the exploding computer, Apple just issued a recall on some Powerbook G4 and iBook G4 batteries. Details here.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Apple computer battery recall

I'm on hold with the 800 support number as I type! My computer and battery fit within all the criteria (model and serial #s) but when I submit the exchange form it says my battery doesn't qualify! Ha! It appears this is gonna be an arduous process.

BTW...a couple of months ago when in the Apple Store I mentioned to one of the 'geniuses' that the battery, on occasion, got so hot that I couldn't even touch that corner of the computer so I felt it necessary to shut it down. Genius just shrugged and said I could leave the computer overnight to see if the problem would repeat. I couldn't do that as I needed the computer but from that point on I always shut it down overnight and whenever I needed to be away from home or the office.

Comment

Re: Apple computer battery recall

I saw this on the news and both (Dell and Apple) battery makers were SONY...Do we have another Firestone coming?
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
        X