Online Gaming for us older people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Gaming for us older people.

Ok.. I told myself I would never do the online gaming thing but .. the right one came along. I have been playing a FREE online game called Wolfenstein ET. It is a first person shooter game that is based on WWII, you know, the whole Allies v. Axis thing. For me this is like a minature vacation and a good stress relief. You can search on the internet for Wolfenstein ET downloads and find a suitable site to download from. When you set it up there are multiple game servers you can choose from. I always play on -=PDP=-Clanserver XPS so if you would like to play come and see. My tag name is-=PDP=-Chris If you want more information come by the website http://paperinosclan.org and stop by the forum to drop a line.

If you have a particular game you like to play online let me know.

Re: Online Gaming for us older people.

i have seen wolf and does seem somewhat appealing but my contention remains;
    if you do ANNNNNeeee online 'gaming', yer not a member of "us older people"...

Comment

oh. and to us older peeps and some who may be colorblind somewhat...
      yer "tag name" reads as; PDP C

Comment

Anyone here like Civilization IV or Star Wars: Empire at War? :P

I used to play a little World of Warcraft, but I'd avoid those MMORPG's, they're just way too time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          oh. and to us older peeps and some who may be colorblind somewhat...
          yer "tag name" reads as; PDP C

Sorry kimo... I'm trying to stay true to the colors... if you highlight it you can see it better. and about us older people I mean old enough to drink and rent a car at the same time.
          Last edited by chriscollado; June 14, 2006, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard
            Anyone here like Civilization IV or Star Wars: Empire at War? :P

I used to play a little World of Warcraft, but I'd avoid those MMORPG's, they're just way too time consuming.
            I haven't personally because they ARE too time consuming. My wife would kill me.

I like star wars alot but i havent been able to get into the cult thing too much. I have heard alot of great things about it.

Comment

Wow, this is pretty cool - I just made my first post in the intro forums and now I find I got a fellow ET player here too

Unlikely our paths will cross on servers tho as I guess you'll be mainly on the west coast US ones - my ping from UK usually >200 so kinda tough to play. Not to mention it's the middle of the night here when all you guys are fragging the daylights out of each other.

Nice clansite too - drop into http://www.fatalpunishers.com sometime if you got a minute to find where I can most often be found making a nuisance of myself

You never know, maybe we'll bump into each other on a server sometime

Best Regards, [fP]Smudge
              You don't need to know all the answers. No-one is smart enough to ask you all the questions

Comment

Originally posted by chriscollado
                It is a first person shooter game that is based n WWII, you know, the whole Allies v. Axis thing. For me this is like a minature vacation and a good stress relief.

Miniature vacation huh? Playing WWII shooting up people as a good stress relief...hmmm I hope I never see you on my vacation I guess I'm an older older person as I honestly don't see the stress relief in that scenerio at all.

Now Google Earth as boring as it sounds is nice. Got to visit my old neighborhoods I've lived in over my lifetime.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

HT's very own Pa'ani section is a good place for "older people" gaming.

Best part, you don't have to know which combination of X-O-V-[-] to press. Just press each other's "buttons".
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by chriscollado
                    old enough to drink and rent a car at the same time.
                    ok. I wanna visit THAT car rental place!

Comment

Easy kine, brah. Go to New Orleans!
                      Get da rental car at the airport there, pull out of the airport, and in the first few blocks you'll start seeing the DRIVE-THROUGH DAQUIRI stands! Fo' real. See lotsa folks there drivin' around holding da sytrofoam cup. Guess it's okay with the police as long as yer car isn't weaving around.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Wow.... things dont come out the way you want them to when you are working the mid-shift 10PM to 8AM. Not to well thought out on my part. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge
                          Wow, this is pretty cool - I just made my first post in the intro forums and now I find I got a fellow ET player here too

Unlikely our paths will cross on servers tho as I guess you'll be mainly on the west coast US ones - my ping from UK usually >200 so kinda tough to play. Not to mention it's the middle of the night here when all you guys are fragging the daylights out of each other.

Nice clansite too - drop into http://www.fatalpunishers.com sometime if you got a minute to find where I can most often be found making a nuisance of myself

You never know, maybe we'll bump into each other on a server sometime

Best Regards, [fP]Smudge
                          Wow... From Scotland. Cool I've always wanted to visit Scotland. I heard it was very beautiful there. I checked out the website. Do you guys use a shrubbot system? Its funny I'm a Co-Leader on our servers. We have 3 founders 2 co-leaders and the rest are members. Our server is located in Dallas, Texas USA. We have plenty of European players. Our 3 founders are in Europe. One is in Switzerland one is in GB and another is in Australia. I'm in Hawaii and we have a multitude of Finnish players. Only a couple of the members are on the mainland US. You shouldn't have any problem visiting.

Good to meet you.

Chris
                          -=PDP=-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                            I guess I'm an older older person as I honestly don't see the stress relief in that scenerio at all.
                            Yeah, your definitely hella geriatric my good man...
                            "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                            "But I can't even read good."
                            "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                            "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

the use of "your" in place of "you're'

and "hella"

is a dead.....
                              giveaway.

let's hobble over to the bridge room. I think Lawrence Welk is on.
                              He bad. he phat.

Comment

Working...
                              X