X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craigwatanabe
    replied
    Re: Online Gaming for us older people.

ahhh don't mind me...I'm just an old fart here, can't even figure out them buttons on them controllers...too many damned buttons! All I's need is one fire button and kill em all...shoot anything that moves...friendly fire...yeah that's the ticket, friendly fire.

Yeah times they have a changed eh? I remember that simple blip and that paddle, then Atari had to muck it all up by making it all complicated by putting two paddles. Yeah video games just kept gettin' more and more complicated for the old noggin to keep up with.

Then there was Tank Commander with two joysticks and a fire button. Now I gots to use two hands. Oh boy life was getting tougher with each new game coming out.

But that damned Asteroids game was the clincher though with that gravity working against your triangle ship and you plowing into them rocks. Got addicted to that game and pretty soon I would dream of rocks slamming into me while I slept.

So's I get outta Asteroids and get into them mindless games like Centipede and sick games like Dig Dug. Imagine that finding something, sticking some stick into it and pumping it up until it explodes! Sick ain't it?

Now I'm older and slower so I've been reduced to a good game of Solitaire. Yeah the OEM version in Windows. Back to basics

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
    ....completely random and unfunny comments.
    aaaah. but I never claim to aim... to be witty.

Leave a comment:

• Whitepoint3rchum
    replied

Originally posted by kimo55
    the use of "your" in place of "you're'

and "hella"

is a dead.....
    giveaway.

let's hobble over to the bridge room. I think Lawrence Welk is on.
    He bad. he phat.
    Lol, I love YOUR (expressing ownership) completely random and unfunny comments. Now get YOUR arse back to your room geri, the nurse 'ull be along shortly for your diaper changing.

Craig, t3h proffessor pointed out my faux pas, I ment to use you're, not your. I think you would have gotten the idea though.

Leave a comment:

• Smudge
    replied

Originally posted by chriscollado
    Wow... From Scotland. Cool I've always wanted to visit Scotland. I heard it was very beautiful there. I checked out the website. Do you guys use a shrubbot system? ........
    Yep most beautiful place on earth (in a very wild sorta way) - in my humble and extremely biased opinion of course

We use the etpro mod rather than shrub, lots of cool features, the main one being it's more useful against cheats than shrub etc.

I'll definitely check your server out. Horrendously busy with work atm so not playing much, but manage the odd 20 mins now and then.

Like you we have people from all over - I think 5 from mainland US, similar number of Brits and the rest from western Europe - also including a multitude of Finns and server is based in the UK.

Good to "meet" you too

And to Kimo, you're never too old to "Wolf"

Regards, Smudge

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

the use of "your" in place of "you're'

and "hella"

is a dead.....
    giveaway.

let's hobble over to the bridge room. I think Lawrence Welk is on.
    He bad. he phat.

Leave a comment:

• Whitepoint3rchum
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    I guess I'm an older older person as I honestly don't see the stress relief in that scenerio at all.
    Yeah, your definitely hella geriatric my good man...

Leave a comment:

• chriscollado
    replied

Originally posted by Smudge
    Wow, this is pretty cool - I just made my first post in the intro forums and now I find I got a fellow ET player here too

Unlikely our paths will cross on servers tho as I guess you'll be mainly on the west coast US ones - my ping from UK usually >200 so kinda tough to play. Not to mention it's the middle of the night here when all you guys are fragging the daylights out of each other.

Nice clansite too - drop into http://www.fatalpunishers.com sometime if you got a minute to find where I can most often be found making a nuisance of myself

You never know, maybe we'll bump into each other on a server sometime

Best Regards, [fP]Smudge
    Wow... From Scotland. Cool I've always wanted to visit Scotland. I heard it was very beautiful there. I checked out the website. Do you guys use a shrubbot system? Its funny I'm a Co-Leader on our servers. We have 3 founders 2 co-leaders and the rest are members. Our server is located in Dallas, Texas USA. We have plenty of European players. Our 3 founders are in Europe. One is in Switzerland one is in GB and another is in Australia. I'm in Hawaii and we have a multitude of Finnish players. Only a couple of the members are on the mainland US. You shouldn't have any problem visiting.

Good to meet you.

Chris
    -=PDP=-Chris

Leave a comment:

• chriscollado
    replied

ok. I wanna visit THAT car rental place!
    Wow.... things dont come out the way you want them to when you are working the mid-shift 10PM to 8AM. Not to well thought out on my part. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Easy kine, brah. Go to New Orleans!
    Get da rental car at the airport there, pull out of the airport, and in the first few blocks you'll start seeing the DRIVE-THROUGH DAQUIRI stands! Fo' real. See lotsa folks there drivin' around holding da sytrofoam cup. Guess it's okay with the police as long as yer car isn't weaving around.

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

old enough to drink and rent a car at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

HT's very own Pa'ani section is a good place for "older people" gaming.

Best part, you don't have to know which combination of X-O-V-[-] to press. Just press each other's "buttons".

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

It is a first person shooter game that is based n WWII, you know, the whole Allies v. Axis thing. For me this is like a minature vacation and a good stress relief.

Miniature vacation huh? Playing WWII shooting up people as a good stress relief...hmmm I hope I never see you on my vacation I guess I'm an older older person as I honestly don't see the stress relief in that scenerio at all.

Now Google Earth as boring as it sounds is nice. Got to visit my old neighborhoods I've lived in over my lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• Smudge
    replied

Wow, this is pretty cool - I just made my first post in the intro forums and now I find I got a fellow ET player here too

Unlikely our paths will cross on servers tho as I guess you'll be mainly on the west coast US ones - my ping from UK usually >200 so kinda tough to play. Not to mention it's the middle of the night here when all you guys are fragging the daylights out of each other.

Nice clansite too - drop into http://www.fatalpunishers.com sometime if you got a minute to find where I can most often be found making a nuisance of myself

You never know, maybe we'll bump into each other on a server sometime

Best Regards, [fP]Smudge

Leave a comment:

• chriscollado
    replied

Originally posted by Vanguard
    Anyone here like Civilization IV or Star Wars: Empire at War? :P

I used to play a little World of Warcraft, but I'd avoid those MMORPG's, they're just way too time consuming.
    I haven't personally because they ARE too time consuming. My wife would kill me.

I like star wars alot but i havent been able to get into the cult thing too much. I have heard alot of great things about it.

Leave a comment:

• chriscollado
    replied

oh. and to us older peeps and some who may be colorblind somewhat...
    yer "tag name" reads as; PDP C

Sorry kimo... I'm trying to stay true to the colors... if you highlight it you can see it better. and about us older people I mean old enough to drink and rent a car at the same time.
    Last edited by chriscollado; June 14, 2006, 01:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X