No announcement yet.

Apple and 50 Cent to develop budget PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple and 50 Cent to develop budget PC?

Source

Many people know that Steve Jobs is a Beatles fan, and his affinity for Irish rock group U2 is also no secret, but how many of you were aware that his Steveness is seemingly down with G-Unit? Well, maybe the Foolish Genius (thanks, Wu-Tang Name Generator) isn't exactly bumping "In Da Club" or "Candy Shop" on his many iPods, but Forbes is reporting that Apple is indeed in talks with G-Unit founder and multiple gunshot survivor 50 Cent about manufacturing a co-branded line of affordable computers targeted at inner-city families
    hmm... bulletproof compter anyone?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Apple and 50 Cent to develop budget PC?

I didn't kow gangsta rapper's used computers!!! I mean with all those gang fights, and drug deals who would of thought they'd have time to use a computer, plus it just kinda ruins the stupid and pissed off image they have
    808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
    kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
    http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
      I didn't kow gangsta rapper's used computers!!! I mean with all those gang fights, and drug deals who would of thought they'd have time to use a computer, plus it just kinda ruins the stupid and pissed off image they have
      Well, it is a Mac. *runs from the mob and tries to hide in the corner*
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I mean with all those gang fights, and drug deals who would of thought they'd have time to use a computer, plus it just kinda ruins the stupid and pissed off image they have
        I'd imagine most "gangsta rappers" don't have much "street cred," just a lot of posturing and good marketing. What used to be a genre of the gritty streets is now all "bling." Yeah, so this is good marketing, too, but it has the air of charity... something most "gansta rappers" (with their "grills" and strippers) are lacking in.

There's already the $100 Laptop project for citizens of poor nations. I presume that if Apple were to specifically build an affordable computer for industrial or developing countries, they'd be aiming for a slightly higher price point.

I remember when "computers for the poor" seemed like a ridiculous idea. But these days, computers (and the ability to work with them) are as much a part of everyday life as anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          I'd imagine most "gangsta rappers" don't have much "street cred," just a lot of posturing and good marketing.
          "Fiddy" did say in this article that he "never got into it for the music. I got into it for the business."

Comment

I'm thinking that w/in due time... the government will be providing free computers to all residents that qualify for low - income...etc....(paid by taxes of course)

I think Uncle Sam will tax a lot of the ISP providers possibly...etc...

You already see some private schools here in Hawaii issuing students Laptops to all of there students.

I remember back in the early 70's I was Cool to own a calculator for that matter... now everyone has them...etc...

I'm thinking the evolution of computers will be to the point that every child will be walking around w/ one in there back pack...

(I already see a lot of them walking around w/ them already!)

I just honestly think that the computer will be just as common as wearing a hat.... etc...

And I'm thinking this will all be w/in about 20 years...

Just a thought..... With this... i begin my next new thread in the Circuit Circus section

Comment

Working...
            X