Need jpeg ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need jpeg ideas

I have 2 very old 8x10 black and white photos from my dad's collection when he appeared in the 'Our Gang' comedies. I've volunteered jpegs to a collector of all things 'Our Gang'. I don't really care what he does with them as long as he doesn't mass produce and sell them. I'm not techie enough to know how to make the jpegs look like junk if printed at the original 8x10 size. The photos have been professionally scanned in tiff format. Anyone half way decent at Photoshop (or, in my case, PhotoDeluxe!) can eliminate watermarks or any other identifying mark. Even I can do that! And I have yet to graduate from PhotoDeluxe to Photoshop!

All advice is welcome. I have no reason to believe this fan would do such a thing but, hey, with eBay one can sell almost anything!

Big mahalos!

Re: Need jpeg ideas

Tutusue:
    For what it's worth, the only way you can decently reproduce a photo is if it is high resolution. So, if you want to send him a jpg of medium or low quality to assure he won't mass produce it, then you can do that in Photoshop. I'd go to 5-7 quality when you save it. When I save art for our websites, I change their color mode to RGB, which also saves in bandwidth. When saving art for 4-color print separation, I use CYMK, to provide a rich color result.

Hope this helps!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
      I have 2 very old 8x10 black and white photos from my dad's collection when he appeared in the 'Our Gang' comedies. I've volunteered jpegs to a collector of all things 'Our Gang'. I don't really care what he does with them as long as he doesn't mass produce and sell them. I'm not techie enough to know how to make the jpegs look like junk if printed at the original 8x10 size. The photos have been professionally scanned in tiff format. Anyone half way decent at Photoshop (or, in my case, PhotoDeluxe!) can eliminate watermarks or any other identifying mark. Even I can do that! And I have yet to graduate from PhotoDeluxe to Photoshop!

All advice is welcome. I have no reason to believe this fan would do such a thing but, hey, with eBay one can sell almost anything!

Big mahalos!
      Be careful tutue...

My wifes family get's hit up from the Hawaii 5-0 fan club.

we deny everything and everyone...
      I will be posting a picture of Zulu a week before he passes away in a day or so!

Comment

Do you need to provide the photos as large as 8x10? If they're going to end up on a web site, I'd shrink them down as much as possible. Most stuff I post on the web is 600 pixels at the longest point, 72 ppi, saved as a 5 or 6. This will yield sufficiently crappy pix if someone wants to try and download and print.

Comment

Thanx everyone. I don't have Photoshop...just PhotoDeluxe (a bare bones version of PS that used to come bundled with digital cameras). I'll check to see if PD has a similar feature for saving as the numbers mentioned above.

Comment

Working...
          X