Got Internet Messenger???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Internet Messenger???

Everone is raving so much about that "myspace" thing...

What about messengers???

I have Yahoo, & Hotmail?

What do you have? & Care to share???

By the way....

Has anyone heard/tried this one????

Anyone one has/have RoadRunner/Oceanic cable??

I have never tried it.

Here: An Internet messenger For R.R. : http://www.rr.com/rr_messenger/
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Got Internet Messenger???

I tend to prefer 'asynchronous' communication -- like e-mail, where I can respond on my own schedule and form my thoughts better -- but I do play with IM now and then. (Actually, I probably say I don't use IM just as an excuse for not having too many "buddies" to IM with!)

Let's see. I've got MSN Messener, Yahoo! Messenger, AIM (AOL Instant Messenger), ICQ (an oldie but a goodie), Google Talk (usually via Jabber), Skype, iChat... and I think that's about it. One of the big headaches of IM is the different and closed systems, requiring either several programs running at once or an all-in-one that usually has to break the rules of one system or another.

Up until last week, I used to be persistently available on many of these via my smartphone... but I recently upgraded and the cross-system IM client I used hasn't been revised for the new hardware.

Didn't know RoadRunner had its own, though its not a RoadRunner-specific system - it does AIM, ICQ, and CompuServe and Netscape (?) together.

If you do use IM, and don't mind being contacted, be sure to edit your profile here to include your contacts where applicable! That's how you get the dorky little icons under the post count in your messages.
    Last edited by pzarquon; June 26, 2006, 03:20 PM.

Comment

"Does it AIM, ICQ, Compuserve & Netscape together??"

Uhm...

Well, Under Direct IM:it stated that you can IM your friends who have: Netscape, Compuserve,ICQ,or AOL IM.

Otherwise, maybe you can call to find out: Oceanic cable: 625-8100.

I promise, it wont hurt a bit to ask.

Good luck.

Aloha.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Well, Under Direct IM:it stated that you can IM your friends who have: Netscape, Compuserve,ICQ,or AOL IM.
        Which is what I said ("it does" not "does it"). Still, if you want a multi-platform IM client, there are lots of others (Trillian being the last one I used), and they'll support far more than those four systems (what is the CompuServe or Netscape IM system, anyway?). For example, Trillian will add Yahoo!, MSN, even IRC and SMS. I'm pretty sure it does Jabber, as well, which interoperates with several other open IM systems, like Google's.

The RoadRunner one looks pretty limited
        , and is RoadRunner branded (plus ads), which is probably only of use to RoadRunner customers. As long as it lets you talk to who you want to talk to, though, that's what really matters!

Comment

I use both MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
            What about messengers???

I have Yahoo, & Hotmail?
            Hmmm, I've been in Yahoo chats before, including voice chats. I didn't know hotmail offered IMing and I have hotmail accounts. Shows how unobservant I am

I've tried chatting through gmail and AIM. It's good for some things: I even use it for work sometimes when I need to contact someone in a different state or country and they don't want to deal with long distance telephone bills and when a transcript of the conversation may come in handy. I use it for fun sometimes. But overall I prefer emailing and posting on posting boards unless I am not doing anything else.

Comment

I get 'um all: AIM, Yahoo, and ICQ (via trillian) as well as MSN messenger.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
              X