Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC CD/DVD Help

Originally posted by shaveice
    serenity, if you liked ong bak, you'll definitely like tom yum goong. the last 15 minutes or so is one long action scene. very impressive.

i don't think the dvd is available in hawaii yet. i picked up my copy on my last trip to thailand in november but cuz of the success of ong bak, i don't think it'll be too long before tom yum goong shows up in the local shops.
    Guess what??

I think my HP cd player dont work!.

It's wierd, but I can play music with it, down load music to my computer & transfer them to my Ipod, & Last time (a few months back), I played a CD rom program from my ASL cd, & also a cd rom game, but I can't play any DVD videos on my HP cd player.

Do you think I am doing something wrong here??? (or anyone else for that matter)

A friend of mine says that it is just a slight flaw from the HP company which I didn't recognize before. No I don't have the waranties anymore. I had this for a long time, I think 4 years. I always thought that I could play a movie on it.

I only got this Ipod this year, & tried to down load movies, but it didn't seem to work.

but, my ftriend said that he would send me a weblink to help reset it. Maybe that would work. He is rather busy, maybe it might take a while.

So, I guess I can't play the video that I got (Tom Yum Goong) Sorry.

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Muay Thai Kick Boxing

hmmmm... i'm a little confused here. there are cd players and then there are dvd players. if you place a dvd into a cd player, i don't think it'll play.

another question: is this player of yours connected to your computer or is it connected to a tv?

so basically i'd like to know how you watch dvd movies: on your computer or on your tv?

once i understand your set up, i'll be in a better position to help you out!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

You probably should move talk of misbehaving technology to Circuit Circus.

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
        hmmmm... i'm a little confused here. there are cd players and then there are dvd players. if you place a dvd into a cd player, i don't think it'll play.

another question: is this player of yours connected to your computer or is it connected to a tv?

so basically i'd like to know how you watch dvd movies: on your computer or on your tv?

once i understand your set up, i'll be in a better position to help you out!

Sorry for the confusion.. My cd player on my computer is the one that doesn't play any Movies at all, only plays & down loads music.

One time, I actually tried to play a cd game on my computer, that worked, & that was many months ago.

I also tried (many months ago) to play a cd rom that came with my signlanguage book, on my computer, that worked,too.

What puzzles me the most, is that I can't play any movies on my computer.

I have no idea if I am doing anything wrong on my computer, or my computer is the one that doesn't play movies??

Well, hope that cleared up some confusion.

Aloha.
        Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by admin
          You probably should move talk of misbehaving technology to Circuit Circus.
          Move it if you wish, just let me know if have moved it or not. Thanks.
          Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
            Sorry for the confusion.. My cd player on my computer is the one that doesn't play any Movies at all, only plays & down loads music.

One time, I actually tried to play a cd game on my computer, that worked, & that was many months ago.

I also tried (many months ago) to play a cd rom that came with my signlanguage book, on my computer, that worked,too.

What puzzles me the most, is that I can't play any movies on my computer.

I have no idea if I am doing anything wrong on my computer, or my computer is the one that doesn't play movies??

Well, hope that cleared up some confusion.

Aloha.
            Serenity...

Just because your computer can play CD's... it won't play DVD's unless you have a DVD Player on your computer.

When you purchased your computer...did is say it had a CD/DVD player?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              Serenity...

Just because your computer can play CD's... it won't play DVD's unless you have a DVD Player on your computer.

When you purchased your computer...did is say it had a CD/DVD player?
              I probably got my computer a few years ago maybe 2002/2003(?) some where around there.

Well, I guess it didn't say .

On my computer it just says: (top) hp cd-writer (bottom) expansion|bay.

But, I do have this other portable dvd player I found at home while I was cleaning one day which I forgot I had : Polaroid 8 inch portable DVD player (# PDV-0800)

& a friend of mine sold us this really cool one: Super DVD Writer 16x: DVD+RW/+R/CD-RW by pc/mac which I haven't had the chance to download the software to make it work. Maybe eventually I will.

(I don't know if this is the right website for it: iomega)

I think that will work with my HP/WindowsXP computer so that I can download movies into my IPOD?.

Message back when you can.

Aloha.
              Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                Move it if you wish, just let me know if have moved it or not. Thanks.
                Serenity, I've split messages about your computer from the Muay Thai Kick Boxing thread. Hope folks here at the 'Threads can help you sort things out.

Comment

Re: PC CD/DVD Help

CD-R/RW/CD-ROM drives only play CDs
                  DVD-R/RW drives play DVD/CDs.
                  Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                  The Kona Blog

Comment

Also with XP you should be able to run DVD's once you install the DVD burner onto your computer without having to install the software. Windows Media Player (built into XP) should be able to play it.

Before you install the DVD burner in your computer you should check the specs on your computer to see if you have enough system resources to play DVD movies with little or no problems.

With XP you should have at least 512Mb of RAM Memory to run glitch free video. A stand alone graphics card will also help unload some of the video processing off the motherboard's onboard graphics chipset/motherboard processor. By upgrading these two elements (if not done so already) DVD playback will be decent.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      Also with XP you should be able to run DVD's once you install the DVD burner onto your computer without having to install the software. Windows Media Player (built into XP) should be able to play it.
                      Not necessarily. To play DVD's on any OS, you need the DVD codec to watch
                      any movies on your computer. If the DVD-RW drive comes with WinDVD, PowerDVD etc then it will have the DVD codec to decrypt the DVDs for viewing.
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

sounds like a codec problem. Download this. If you want, I can come by and check it out, but I stay sick - I no like spread what I have.
                        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                          sounds like a codec problem. Download this. If you want, I can come by and check it out, but I stay sick - I no like spread what I have.
                          I'm not sure if that will help...It sounds like she is trying to play a DVD in a
                          CD-R/RW drive ?
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Yep Aaron is correct that you need some sort of DVD playing software, but you can download quite a few for free from Tucows nowdays. You don't necessarily need to install the dvd bundled software that came with your burner.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy
                              I'm not sure if that will help...It sounds like she is trying to play a DVD in a
                              CD-R/RW drive ?
                              But in Serenity's last post, she said that she has a DVD burner (unless she didn't install it and just has it collecting dust outside of the computer.)
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                              X