TMobile: For those who switched to or from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMobile: For those who switched to or from

The wife and I are looking at new phones but TMobile wants to lock us into another contract. TMobile is great for the family plan and TM to TM (here to mainland especially) but I do notice there are some areas where it doesnt catch. I'm sure other carriers have their issues.

So for those who did make a switch involving TMobile... are you happy or do you regret it?

Thanks.

Re: TMobile: For those who switched to or from

I had a Tmobile phone, but switched to Sprint because they gave us a better deal.

Comment

I have been their customer for several years. They are comparatively cheaper and I have always been successful at bullying their customer service (both at the local outlet and their 800#) into doing my bidding. This latter point means everything to me.

pax

Comment

Just curious... what is it they did or didnt do that got you mad at them? They seem to have one of the better plans but they don't seem to want to help you very much if you want to upgrade your phone when the old one breaks. I have insurance on it so I went in to exchange for a new one, they give me some number to call and I have to send it in and wait for it to come in the mail. If I knew that's how it worked i woulda never got the insurance... $3 something a month PLUS $40 deductible .

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
        I have been their customer for several years. They are comparatively cheaper and I have always been successful at bullying their customer service (both at the local outlet and their 800#) into doing my bidding. This latter point means everything to me.

Comment

Up until this recent phone (treo 650 unlocked), every phone I bought was through tmobile. Yes, its mail-in, but it is superfast. Every other phone on our family plan is through tmobile and their phones and replacements are either through the store or mail-in. No grief, no second-guessing, no hassles. And they ride their call centers hard on being courteous and expedient.

pax

Comment

Really wish that Sprint unlocks their phones, but I guess you can't have everything. Sprint is cheaper than Tmobile with our package deal, but I found that their customer service is subpar too!!! (outsourced to India!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
              Really wish that Sprint unlocks their phones
              Too bad they use CDMA.

I'm not familiar with anything other than GSM, but I think you need to let them activate the phone on their network (as in bring in the phone and let them do the work).
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

and the stupid people at Sprint don't publish their MSL or provide a utility to calculate the MSL for each of their phones!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                  and the stupid people at Sprint don't publish their MSL or provide a utility to calculate the MSL for each of their phones!!!
                  Actually, you can get it if you talk to a Tier-2 tech. I have all of the MSL's for all of my sprint handsets.

Cause they know, there's nothing else you can do with the phone as far as taking it to another provider.

Verizon won't activate it, same policy as sprint.

But some of the smaller regional providers sometimes do, Cricket has been known to activate out of network handsets, provided you can get a PRL loaded on it.

Mobi PCS could do it too, but after speaking with an engineer over there, they didn't want to cause confusion with the in-store and call center staff, so they just require a handset purchase to make things easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X