backing up dvds, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backing up dvds, etc.

i don't have a big collection of dvds but there are some that i wanna protect and so i tend to make a backup copy and play/loan those. for years, i've used dvd shrink but it's been years since i started using that program and i'm sure there must be better programs these days. just wondering what you up-to-date techies are using.

also, is there a good freeware program that you guys use to cut specific scenes from dvds? i've got a 2002 copy of dvd2avi and i'm sure, again, that there must be better programs these days. even my copy of dvd decrypter is ancient.

anyway, just wondering what you guys are using. thanks.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: backing up dvds, etc.

I use cloneDVD for my backups. (which seemingly disappear when a family member borrows it - lucky thing for ISOs )
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
      I use cloneDVD for my backups. (which seemingly disappear when a family member borrows it - lucky thing for ISOs )
      . . . . . . . . . . .

it probably works great but $99? auwe! any freeware that you know of that's good?
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
        any freeware that you know of that's good?
        versiontracker

tucows

download.com

yer welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          versiontracker

tucows

download.com

yer welcome.
          . . . . . . . . . . . . .

is this the program that you referred to?
          http://www.download.com/VersionTrack...ml?tag=lst-0-1

doesn't appear to be the kind of software that i'm looking for (dvd backups) but i appreciate the suggestion... or maybe the software goes by another name?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
            . . . . . . . . . . .

it probably works great but $99? auwe! any freeware that you know of that's good?
            there's the free trial version that'll last 20 days.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
            X