Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Tower Hard drives??

Has anyone seen that yet??

I saw that a couple of times, it looks so cool. I went inside this store in Liliha called Awsome Drums, & he sells all sort of stuff, He had on a display of a clear tower, I don't think it's posted here on this link, because the one he had on display was all clear made from plexo glass.

here is one of his site: http://www.reggaerasta.com/ or xtreme808.com (?) with his different towers for sale.

It's an interesting store, finally got the chance to check it out.

What does anyone think of a plexo glass for a tower? & will it catch on???

He told me that it is really popular in the mainland.

Any one got a link to show what I mean?? (a plexo glass (hard plastic) tower hard drive).

What do you all think of it??

I think it's pretty neat, I bet it's expensive to get, can anyone make it & use it for their own?. Or modify one to hold hard drives etc???

Is it a practical?? or the ones you all have at home (which you can't see through), is much better?.

What do all think?.

Reply back when you can. Thanks, & Aloha.
    Last edited by Serenity; July 8, 2006, 01:34 AM.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Clear Tower Hard drives??

Originally posted by Serenity
    What does anyone think of a plexo glass for a tower? & will it catch on???
    yea. if it ain't got an internal fan.
    it will catch on fire

Comment

Errr. You mean, like these?

http://www.clearpc.ca/
      http://www.directron.com/clearpc.html
      http://www.xpcgear.com/clearcase.html
      http://www.xoxide.com/acryliccases.html
      http://www.crazypc.com/products/cases/clearcases.htm

I guess they'd appeal to the same kind of guys who chrome their car engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
        Yeah!!. That's it!. Thanks for that link!!. I'm sure it probably had a fan inside to keep it cool.

What does anyone think of that?.

Would any one prefer to use that or just the regular ones you already have?.

Just thought I would ask.

Thanks for the links again.
        Aches & Pains

Comment

"Would any one prefer to use that or just the regular ones you already have?"

we Mac people don't care about that stuff. sorry. but not sorry.

"Just thought I would ask."

aaaahhh
          that's... why you asked.
          hmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            "Would any one prefer to use that or just the regular ones you already have?"

we Mac people don't care about that stuff. sorry. but not sorry.

"Just thought I would ask."

aaaahhh
            that's... why you asked.
            hmmmm...
            Why are you picking apart every little thing she writes, when what you should be criticizing is her insistence on using that annoying blue font??

OK ... maybe I should move over to the "what pisses me off" thread.

Comment

I've seen some clear towers that have fishtanks in them. Now fish can get an education without swimming in schools!

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

meh I built a clear case, and put a bunch of those fancy colored led fans in it, but it kept me up at night so I got rid of it.
                808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
                  meh I built a clear case, and put a bunch of those fancy colored led fans in it, but it kept me up at night so I got rid of it.
                  Good Answer & Good point!!.

Thanks so much for the reply.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

Speaking for myself I wouldn't care either way if a PC was in transparent case or not. Professionally I would not mind a PC case or two be transparent or a side cover be transparent. That way I can show the co-workers the differences between a hard drive, a CD-ROM, a floppy disk, power supply, motherboard, RAM and the case itself.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                      Why are you picking apart every little thing she writes, when what you should be criticizing is her insistence on using that annoying blue font??
                      Oh~okay, I wont use the blue font anymore.

I can't help it, I just want to be different from everbody, what's so wrong with that???

kind of like, why on earth would I want to wear what everybody is wearing when I'm not required to wear it.

Or, why on earth should I use the black font
                      (that everybody uses) when I am not required to use it?.

That's my thoughts on that.

Aloha.
                      Originally posted by helen
                      Speaking for myself I wouldn't care either way if a PC was in transparent case or not. Professionally I would not mind a PC case or two be transparent or a side cover be transparent. That way I can show the co-workers the differences between a hard drive, a CD-ROM, a floppy disk, power supply, motherboard, RAM and the case itself.
                      NOW that's a good example for using a clear/transparent case.

It could be used to show things inside wirings etc... without actually having to open it up to see, & it is much easier to just look through it.

Good one!!.

Thanks.

Aloha.
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

[B]Oh~okay,
                        Or, why on earth should I use the black font
                        (that everybody uses) when I am not required to use it?.

That's my thoughts on that.

Aloha.
                        You go girl!

I think the clear cases are cool I guess. But I still bought a plain jane black mid tower case for my last build. It has a puka on the side of the case with a duct to fan the CPU, on the back another extra puka for another fan, USBs on the front... but that's it.

My nephew has a clear side panel on his computer. He "tricked" it out with all these lights and stuff... whatever .

Comment

I had a feeling this was about CPU's -- not hard drives.

Simply an OEM Power Mac G5 with the cover removed works for me. Kind of a modern take on Kikaida.

The second generation iMacs had clear rear panels. That was pretty cool. Don't forget the wrong-price-pointed G4 CUBE.

For computer design concepts and proto-art, one of my favorite sites is http://www.theapplecollection.com
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

But I thought you Mac people don't care about that stuff... .
                            Originally posted by Pomai
                            I had a feeling this was about CPU's -- not hard drives.

Simply an OEM Power Mac G5 with the cover removed works for me. Kind of a modern take on Kikaida.

The second generation iMacs had clear rear panels. That was pretty cool. Don't forget the wrong-price-pointed G4 CUBE.

For computer design concepts and proto-art, one of my favorite sites is http://www.theapplecollection.com

Comment

Oh~okay, I wont use the blue font anymore.

I can't help it, I just want to be different from everbody, what's so wrong with that???
                              I was just teasing, Serenity!

BTW ... green is worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X