Looking for a reliable web host/domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a reliable web host/domain

I've been using godaddy.com for the last couple of years and have had absolutely no problems. They give reminders when renewals are due and have great tech support. If you buy hosting service, domain names are $1.99. The last site I put up cost $82 for domain name registration, 1 yr. of hosting and 500 free email addresses. I consider that pretty damn reasonable.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I have 3 sites hosted on NamesAreCheap.com. They have very affordable plans if you are on a tight budget to full featured ones with online shopping and the whole 9 yards. I've been using them as webhost and domain name registry since about 1999.

My personal site is on SDF Public Unix. Been there since 1999. They offer unix access for free, and for $36 lifetime you get enhanced features including webhosting. You have to pay extra if you want your own domain hosted there and I think more for a commercial site.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

another advantage to godaddy.com is that you can host on a month-to-month basis, which I think is $6.99 a month.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
        X