Putting a CD-3 in a Slot-Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting a CD-3 in a Slot-Drive

Hey. How do I make the CD-player in my MacBook Pro (it has the slot instead of the tray) accept a CD-3?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Putting a CD-3 in a Slot-Drive

I don't think you can, or at least, I wouldn't want to be the one to test it. I know you can buy an adapter that basically turns your 3" CD into a standard 5" CD, though.

Comment

Don't do it!!!!

I wouldn't even with the plastic adapter. The CD is spinning so fast in there, what if it comes loose? Toast CD drive. Not good.

Plus don't put in those promotional rectangular shaped CDs either. I hate those.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

All I know, Scriv, is that I paid way too much for my MBP 17" to risk that kind of shenanigans. Much easier on the nerves (and wallet) to buy an external drive with the sliding tray.

I did, however, try it once with the adapter on my PB. But that was just really quick, to rip the song to iTunes. And then I immediately ejected it and sighed in relief. I'd had the PB for a while at that point, so it wasn't my "new baby" anymore. Kind of like when you buy a car and have a "no eating in the car" rule. Until later on when the new car smell goes away and you give in at the McDonalds drive thru.

Comment

Working...
        X