Road Runner Speed Upgrade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Runner Speed Upgrade ?

I heard that the SoCal Road Runner subscribers (SoCal manages Oceanic's network here in Hawaii) are going to be getting 7Mbps/512Kbps or 7Mbps/768Kbps upgrade coming up in January 2007. So there is chance Hawaii might get this upgrade then.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Road Runner Speed Upgrade ?

Originally posted by Konaguy
    I heard that the SoCal Road Runner subscribers (SoCal manages Oceanic's network here in Hawaii) are going to be getting 7Mbps/512Kbps or 7Mbps/768Kbps upgrade coming up in January 2007. So there is chance Hawaii might get this upgrade then.
    With the work that they've been doing in the off-hours recently, it would seem that they're planning to roll out this upgrade soon.

I don't know if you knew about last week's outage in Hilo, which was supposed to be a new node deployment that actually ended up taking longer than planned, and when it did come up, not everyone had a working connection.

Comment

Re: Road Runner Speed Upgrade ?

Actually I have HawTel DSL, I had heard this from a Road Runner subscriber
      I know. That being said, I've heard that they've had to split and recombine
      nodes in Hilo before. It can be a really tricky, if it is not done right people
      will lose their connection.

The Kona side will be going through a transition too. As the headend will
      be moved from the Luhia Street location to the Kaloko light industrial
      location in the next few months. As far as I understand that will be a huge
      job, considering all the nodes in Kona. The new OTW office opens officially
      today at Kaloko though.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
      X