Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The latest smart phone actually looks like... a phone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest smart phone actually looks like... a phone!

The Samsung

the article
    life is ok sometimes

Re: The latest smart phone actually looks like... a phone!

Looks like a calculator to me.

Comment

haha well it's close enough for me. considering the size and shape of most on the market this is a very nice device.

maybe you have to actually be holding it to tell.
      life is ok sometimes

Comment

Hmm. Doesn't look any more or less like a cell phone than most cell phones, to me. Certainly has the same mass of keys that some of the more complex ones do, very much like a Treo and the Microsoft "smartphones" that cloned the design, though perhaps in a smaller form factor (to the chagrin of anyone with fat fingers). No slick hinge like the Razr or snappy hidden keyboards or screens, at least.

Reading the article, in fact, makes it clear that this phone would be Exhibit A to anyone who decries the so-called evolution of phones to "do everything" devices. Lots of folks just want a phone, not all the bells and whistles that imply that your phone can also run your "digital lifestyle." This sucker wants to do everything, which often means it probably doesn't do any one thing particularly well.

But, what do I know. I own a "do everthing" Treo!

Comment

Looks nice-I am still a fan of the flip phone or at least one that covers the keypad- most of these new phones with these "smart" features never have that.
          Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

I wonder if you can snap it in half LOL

And the Moto better release the Q for GSM.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

this is about as close to a retro portable phone as you can get:

Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

!!!!!! that's got to be the hottest thing ever. i must have it. not kidding.
                life is ok sometimes

Comment

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6...ch01zi2.th.jpg
                  No its not. This is:

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                    No its not. This is:

just got back from making my F.P.O.T.D. (can you guess what THAT acronym means. ha) so thank you. thank you a thousand times.
                    life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by christa
                      just got back from making my F.P.O.T.D. (can you guess what THAT acronym means. ha) so thank you. thank you a thousand times.
                      Final Post Of The Day?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                        Final Post Of The Day?
                        urbandictionary.com has it as the "first post of the day"
                        Last edited by adrian; September 7, 2006, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                          No its not. This is:

But where's the neck thingie that double sticks to the back of the receiver to make it a...hands free kit!!!DOH

Man I'd love to get one of those but alas the description indicated it doesn't work with RAZRs/

BTW I still have my old MaBell/GTE desk rotary phone in that puke flesh tone color. My kids think its weird having no buttons on it. "How do you use it?" they ask. Well because I'm on tone and not pulse dialing I couldn't dial out and show them but I did tell them how each fingertip in the dial represented the number of pulses needed for the telephone exchange to recognize the number dialed.
                          Last edited by craigwatanabe; September 7, 2006, 03:18 PM.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

hardly.... i'm addicted! so many things to discuss in here! what i'm eating... what i'm driving. so easy to just respond and read and respond and .... read!

oh--

Frivolous Purchase Of The Day
                            life is ok sometimes

Comment

But where's the neck thingie that double sticks to the back of the receiver to make it a...hands free kit!!!DOH
                              You know, I never could do that. I just use my bluetooth headset if I want handsfree (but then, I'd be getting looks that I'm talking to myself).

hardly.... i'm addicted! so many things to discuss in here! what i'm eating... what i'm driving. so easy to just respond and read and respond and .... read!
                              Now you know why some of us don't leave our computers
                              Frivolous Purchase Of The Day
                              Oh. You learn something new everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X