Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Borders have wi-fi and plug for ac adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Borders have wi-fi and plug for ac adapter?

I go to the Borders (Pearlidge and Wards) many times to study, but I wasn't sure if Borders have wifi and if it's free. And are there plugs for ac adapter?

Thank you.

Re: Does Borders have wi-fi and plug for ac adapter?

Borders is a TMobile hotspot, which means that you have to subscribe to use the WiFi. There are day-passes and a few different monthly plans. I think if you commit to a year, you get it for $20 a month (or something like that). There are outlets at least at the Ward store, inside and out on the lanai, but you might want to bring an extension cord and power strip, because there's only one on the lanai and sometimes you have to share.

Barnes and Noble offers a $4 for 4 hours deal that I've used a few times.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

First of all,
      thank you for the info.

I have questions about Barnes and Nobles $4 for 4 hrs deal.

Is it like the internet cafe where you pay for the hours you use... but wireless?

Comment

Just pop open your browser and type any valid URL in the locator. You'll be taken to a sign-up page, where you'll be given the different options. Did I say four dollars for four hours? Forgive me; I'm dead tired and kind of stupid. It's four dollars for two hours. Anyway, you can use your debit or credit card then, and you'll be surfing happily for a hundred and twenty minutes. Two bucks an hour's not a bad deal.

At some Internet cafes, you pay for the hours you use, and at others, you pay a certain amount and that's what you pay whether you use the hours or not. The Barnes and Noble situation is like the latter. You pay four bucks for two hours of running time and your access is up at the end of two hours, whether you were using it all or not.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I don't know what the rates are, but the Jamba Juice/Down to Earth area of that Circuit City mini-plaza across from Westridge on Kaonohi advertises itself as an Internet Cafe. If you're bringing your textbooks, you might try there too.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Can I pay cash at B&N?

Comment

No. It's totally an online thing. B&N isn't the service provider.
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
              X