Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cell Phone Watch should be on market in time for the holidays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone Watch should be on market in time for the holidays!

SO this is the latest from mobile crunch friends! I've been waiting for a cell phone watch since ...forever.

This m300 GSM phone will have bluetooth capabilities, a 99-count phone book, 70 hours of standby, and is expected to be released December 1st.

!!
    life is ok sometimes

Re: Cell Phone Watch should be on market in time for the holidays!

Hopefully that can have custom ringtones, then I'll put in the Power Ranger's Communicator sound (other 90's kids know what I'm talking about).

Oh, but can it play snake?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Just in time for my two year contract expiration!!! I hope Verizon picks up on this model. Now this is the kind of phone I can handle even if it only can make/receive calls. Albeit I've been using the camera function on my Razr lately to show my hard working wife her son's latest mischief while we're out and about and she's stressing with work.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        I hope Verizon picks up on this model.
        Sorry bruddah, but this is a GSM phone, which means its compatible with Tmobile or Cingular. (another reason why I'm sticking with tmobile).

Oh, and from research online, it looks like it'll cost $500.
        Last edited by adrian; September 22, 2006, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Wow, only $500? Does it tell time?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
            Sorry bruddah, but this is a GSM phone, which means its compatible with Tmobile or Cingular. (another reason why I'm sticking with tmobile).

Oh, and from research online, it looks like it'll cost $500.
            Too bad but to me the most important part of a cell phone is coverage which T-mobile and Cingular has problems with everywhere I've lived on Oahu and Hawaii. I'm sure they'll make a phone compatible with Verizon's system because Motorola's Razr has a GSM version out.

Comment

Finally, consumer reality catches up with the Dick Tracy two-way wristwatch.
              Didn't his watch also have TV?
              I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Too bad but to me the most important part of a cell phone is coverage which T-mobile and Cingular has problems with everywhere I've lived on Oahu and Hawaii. I'm sure they'll make a phone compatible with Verizon's system because Motorola's Razr has a GSM version out.
                I am looking to dump T-Mobile for just the reasons you cited above. So you'd recommend Verizon?

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                  I am looking to dump T-Mobile for just the reasons you cited above. So you'd recommend Verizon?

In a heartbeat. I've been a Verizon (previously known as GTE Mobilnet) since the early to mid 80's and have never had any major problems with them at all. There are blank spots around Oahu but their coverage is still outstanding most of the times.

Comment

In a heartbeat. I've been a Verizon (previously known as GTE Mobilnet) since the early to mid 80's and have never had any major problems with them at all. There are blank spots around Oahu but their coverage is still outstanding most of the times.
                    And you will pay a pretty penny both for service and for the phones if you go with Verizon.

You get what you pay for.

I've never had the coverage problems with T-Mobile that others describe. For me, T-Mobile works fine and comes in at the right price. That's why I've stayed with them for the past three or four years after going through hell with Nextel, getting screwed by Sprint and not wanting to pay the premium for Verizon.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                      And you will pay a pretty penny both for service and for the phones if you go with Verizon.

I've never had the coverage problems with T-Mobile that others describe. For me, T-Mobile works fine and comes in at the right price. That's why I've stayed with them for the past three or four years after going through hell with Nextel, getting screwed by Sprint and not wanting to pay the premium for Verizon.
                      Okay, lets not make this a cell phone rant/rave thread.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                        Okay, lets not make this a cell phone rant/rave thread.
                        yeah, let's get back to the topic at hand!

Golly, that phone watch is fuggah-ugly! or should I have inserted instead? Gaaaaag. Seriously, ever since the invention of the cell phone, I stopped wearing watches. And my wrists are so much happier as a result.

Otherwise, I agree with PJ. Been w/ TMobile since Voicestream days. Never had a battle with customer service that didn't end in my favor. Have all sorts of bells and whistles on my plan and I am sure that I pay a big % less than the competitors.

Never had a problem with coverage anywhere on O'ahu. My understanding is that throughout the islands, cingular has the best coverage.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe

For some reason everywhere I've lived from Waialae Nui Valley, 18th avenue, Paani street, deep in side Manoa valley next to the chinese cemetary, even just outside Manoa valley on Vancouver street I've never had good cell service (even to some point Verizon), but overall I've been a loyal Verizon/GTE Mobilnet customer since the mid 80's and they provide me with quality service and no hassles among that...great coverage on all islands. At one point I had three accounts with nine active cell phones. Now I'm down to four as my two older boys took over their cell phones, transferring their names over plus dropping three Oahu cell numbers when we made the transistion over to the Big Island.

Part of the problem with Verizon is the limited selection of phones as opposed to some other carriers but being a cell user for over 20-years now I've come to appreciate the most important roll of a cell phone...to make and receive calls and Verizon's got the best coverage.

Comment

Part of the problem with Verizon is the limited selection of phones as opposed to some other carriers but being a cell user for over 20-years now I've come to appreciate the most important roll of a cell phone...to make and receive calls and Verizon's got the best coverage.
                            I'm not big into the bells and whistles. We stopped at a Verizon store a few weeks ago and the phones seemed to be more than enough for our needs.

We don't text-message, download music or videos, and rarely send pictures.

I don't need to pick up e-mail on my phone. No need to jump on the internet, either. I do enough of that at home.

In general, we mostly use the phones to make calls. Rarely even receive them---I give almost everyone just my land line number, except for my kids and a few other people.

Old futs....

Thanks for the input. I think the next phone will be from Verizon.

Comment

Working...
                            X