Free computer classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free computer classes

Does anyone know of any free computer classes?

My Mom and a few friends are starting to use the computer a lot more, and everytime they need help, they ask me - which isn't bad, but when I have to repeat things I already taught them yesterday (with them writing it down and doing it 20 times). That just makes me angry and I usually blast in their face. I just need the basics: file saving and transfering from disk to disk, shutting down a computer (they still press the button, but I set it to hibernate, so their safe for now). The key thing is that they need repetition from someone who doesn't have a short fuse (which I obviously have).
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Free computer classes

Why does that sound eerily like me. Luckily in my case my mom doesn't use
    her computer anymore. See, I guess if its not family I don't get frustrated
    helping them with computer problems. But if its my mom or dad and I have repeat things.. forget it....
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Man, I bought ny dad one one of the eMacs a few years ago, cos me and my brother told him they were easier to use than a PC....

Ooof....I used to blast him. God I felt horrible about it. Because he lives so far away, I could only help him over he phone...

Talk about feeling guilty. I'm glad he switched back to a PC...

The thing is, when we're all old there's going to be some new technology that WE can't grasp, and we're gonna get blasted by our young'ns, then we'll know how horrible we were to our parents about it.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I simply could not teach my mom how to use the computer... she does not the patience and I surely know I can't teach her all the simply things she needs to know.

So, she got herself a tutor that came over to her house to teach her the basics... worked out well. She now knows how to get on the computer and get on the web.
        Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
        Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X