• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mel
    replied
    Re: T-Mobile Bets on Wi-Fi, Drops Zeta-Jones

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
    Mel, I would ask you too, but you don't ~do~ ceeeyall phones.
    Yep, no cell phone for me. I don't even know why I read these threads about cell phones.

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

geek that I am in certain areas, and a tmobile junkie unapologetique, a confession:

do I have to buy a separate hotspot monthly plan? I cannot figure out how to get online in starbucks. And I want to bluetooth up my treo to my macbook to meet my wireless needs according to when I need them.

Czar-kwan? You got any tips for me? Mel, I would ask you too, but you don't ~do~ ceeeyall phones.

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

I hope Pamela Anderson gets the new gig!! That would be fun.

Leave a comment:

• Hellbent
    replied

I wonder if htey changed their wifi system. They wanted to install it for us in what was my store, since I didnt get coverage inside and was a dealer, but it would have eaten up all my bandwidth. It was ridiculous, something like 100 mb/sec and could only support 4 lines.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    UMA, as in Thurman?
    No, its technology that lets tmobile make calls through wifi (aka internet calls). That'll hopefully increase the coverage in buildings - where tmobile sucks (instead of like how cingular's coverage penetrates buildings, because of the 850 frequency). (I really wish we sold tmobile)

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

UMA, as in Thurman?

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    started a topic T-Mobile Bets on Wi-Fi, Drops Zeta-Jones

T-Mobile Bets on Wi-Fi, Drops Zeta-Jones

Source and more info

Fresh off a major spectrum grab at the recent wireless frequency auction, T-Mobile USA plans to step up efforts to gain new customers and separate itself from its competition. The changes will also include the exit of Catherine Zeta-Jones as T-Mobile's spokeswoman, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.

The nation's fourth biggest wireless carrier will introduce new phones as early as next month that can use Wi-Fi hotspots in order to make phone calls. Sources have told BetaNews that the company had been testing the phones in the Oregon/Washington area since mid-summer, and although buggy at first, the service had generally worked well.
    We'll miss you CZJ.

On the plus side, hopefully coverage will grow in buildings with UMA.
Working...
X